Accepting Credit Card Payments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do think PayPal is one of best options. It is well established, trusted, and just plain works. Insanely easy to get up and running within your site too.

Best thing to do would be using 2Checkout or Authorize.net. Though 2Checkout is used more than others regarding Credit card payments.
Or else you should look for some Payment Gateway in your part of the country, though they will charge a lot for the service they provide.

We don't find charging alot for a Payment Gateway to be completely true. We have designed and lease a addon gateway module that uses the largest payment gateway in the USA. So much so this gateway is used by PayPal Payflow, Authorize Net, 2Checkout and many-many more large processing centers, and all for less than $30 a year. And lets be specific here, all the above names are processing centers. We don't find a cost of under $30 a year is expensive at all. True you do have to have a merchant account with a bank somewhere and that will cost you, hum $5 a month or so as most banks worth anything have free business bank accounts. Not a bad deal we think of the security and safety of being a bank's merchant.

Most places will charges fees but the key is to finding one that fits all of your needs along with your budget. The last thing you want to do is be shakable into a contract with some random place that eats away your profits.

I know earlier in this thread I mentioned using stripe for CC processor, but there is more to consider than just a provider who seems to have great reco's : P.

When picking a CC processor the first and foremost thing is will it integrate with your billing system?

Aside from your billing system I would say the next most important thing is the fees involved in the gateway. Stripe, and Braintree Payments (Two different CC companies with a similar model) both charge 2.9% + .3 a transaction. That rate is great if you process a low volume of CC transactions however when you get into high volumes it makes sense to look into other provides who can offer better rates. Typically providers such as hostmerchantservices can offer you better rates than processors such as stripe or braintree, but you must go through an application process and pay some sort of monthly fee that is typically around $20/m.

Paypal is the best and easy way to accept payments. It's widely used and customers wouldn't hesitate paying using that.

further to my above comment, i am now 100% the 2co are not to be trusted. After i informed them i would be reporting them to the FSA for forcing their sellers to force their clients to use them they sent me this email

Hello,

Thank you for contacting 2Checkout. I apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with your account.

We received a claim through Pay Pal regarding a sale on this account. This account has been closed and will not be re-opened. You will need to find an alternate method for collecting payments.

Feel free to reopen this ticket, or call for any additional assistance. We appreciate your patience as well as your patronage. For your convenience you can open a support ticket anytime.

strange as since i set the account up and they closed the account i had no sales through them and i provided them with proof of this, so i suspect that if i report them they will provide the authorities with false reports.

they then sent me this email

Hello,

Thank you for contacting 2Checkout.com. I will be happy to assist you with this matter.

Account **** was closed on 1*****. Please go to 2Checkout.com and open a new account. Please use the promocode: **** and you will receive the account for free. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us again.

Tell us how we're doing! Please take a moment to fill out this 5 question customer satisfaction survey:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/743203/deskpro-ladams

as if i would open a new account with these fraudsters.

Best known gateway is Authorize.net and you can usually get setup fee waved if through an affiliate. They charge about $25/mo then the default processor behind them is EOnline Data but you don;t have to use their default processor. I am atm but they aren;t cheap so trying to set up the processing through my own bank where have corporate bank acct as they are much cheaper on fees and the posts are almost immediate as in next day where E online data takes 2-3 days before get money.
Other option I use thats just per charge is use Google Checkout. Google will handle alot of international charges better then the credit card processor because of their different fraud checks.

We use stripe to process credit cards. Working great so far. I have been looking into other processors but for now stripe is the one we use.

Chad

I do plan to use PayPal as well, although I'd like another option for customers that don't have/use PayPal accounts.

Good move. As a shopper I view paypal-only sites with slight askance. I ask myself: "Why don't they accept credit cards? They can't get approval?" Also if there is a dispute its better and easier handled via CC bank than paypal. On the other hand, purchasing with paypal adds a level of trustworthiness to the transaction. Thus it is good to have both!

Last edited:
Paypal is the best and easy way to accept payments. It's widely used and customers wouldn't hesitate paying using that.

I agree,
I know many people who don't trust using bank details over the net because of alot of sites with security issues, but as soon as they see the paypal logo they feel more at ease.

Paypal useless today as their API has failed

<Snipped> uses paypal and it's api, it never failed on my end unless your setting it up wrong. When my clients purchase the hosting or domain and pay via paypal, their services automatically gets activated including box billing, except SSL certificate once paid, but needs background check that your legit customer getting certificate for HTTPS protocol.

<Snipped> uses paypal and it's api, it never failed on my end unless your setting it up wrong. When my clients purchase the hosting or domain and pay via paypal, their services automatically gets activated including box billing, except SSL certificate once paid, but needs background check that your legit customer getting certificate for HTTPS protocol.

Did you see the date he posted that reply? PayPal might be working fine today but they do have hiccups now and then albeit, pretty rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.