adf.ly banner advertising

Yes I just tried it. 6000 visitors from Switzerland, Germany and Austria. I got 3 new customers for 10$. My opinion is thats not bad if they will host more than 3 Months.

But you have to know that US traffic is expensiv. 1000 visitors for 5$.

Yes I just tried it. 6000 visitors from Switzerland, Germany and Austria. I got 3 new customers for 10$. My opinion is thats not bad if they will host more than 3 Months.

But you have to know that US traffic is expensiv. 1000 visitors for 5$.

Since the traffic isn't targeted, I don't think it will be cost effective.

If you receive 1000 visitors and if none of them are interested in web hosting or even know what web hosting is, they aren't going to convert to sales.

Therefore, spending $5 to watch your hit counter increase doesn't make good business sense.

If you receive 1000 visitors and if none of them are interested in web hosting or even know what web hosting is, they aren't going to convert to sales.

Thats true but the chance is small that not one person knows what webhosting is. Many webmasters are using adfly or linkbucks for their websites to earn so bucks, and they are checking for sure once in a while the links so if you target that people you will get potential customers.

Personally, I'd rather spend $30 for a targeted list of 100 people that are definitely interested in web hosting, than spending $10 for 5,000 people that were going to a website about post-it-notes and then get slapped with an advertisement for web hosting.

Yes, you can hit a wider range of people if you cast a bigger net, but wouldn't you rather be fishing in a pond where you know there are fish instead of casting a line in the ocean?

Personally, I'd rather spend $30 for a targeted list of 100 people that are definitely interested in web hosting, than spending $10 for 5,000 people that were going to a website about post-it-notes and then get slapped with an advertisement for web hosting.

Yes, you can hit a wider range of people if you cast a bigger net, but wouldn't you rather be fishing in a pond where you know there are fish instead of casting a line in the ocean?
Great analogy Conor - I'd rather have a targeted audience every day of the week. :D