Advertising idea for a new web hosting company

DewdropHost

I have just started a new web hosting company 2 months ago. I have my own website for this purpose. But the problem is that, I dont have enough money to advertise my business online. I know SEO is little bit, which I have been using, but I am not getting good response. Can u guys give me some good idea through which i can have some free advertisement online for my new business? :help:

Your best free advertisement is going to be talking to people, whether in person, in chat or on hangouts. You will need to do some SEO, especially if you want to survive even in your own local city - much of this is basic common sense stuff, so hunt around the web and there's tons of info. The link in my signature has tons of info too.

Finally, there's no such thing as a free lunch. If it's all free, you can't complain when it doesn't work. My advise would be to contact some local organizations, offer your services to them - but don't be surprised that they don't go with you, afterall, they can't find out.

People will always check reputation online, and a 2 month old company doesn't say a whole lot to a company that's trying to survive online. In that regards, I'd look at doing some Buy/Sell Ads on Blog networks - for less than $50/month, you can usually pick up some decent exposure. You may not get the conversions, but you'll at least get exposure which is half your battle.

The other option is to take $50 and buy Bing Adwords or Google Adwords - drill your niche way down (don't go after "web hosting" as a keyword). You MIGHT pick up some interest that way, but again, given your short lifespan, it can be a tough sell to some people.

If your goal is FREE advertising, get your company listed on every web hosting directory you can find, plus on every hosting forum that features a directory. Some forums even allow free website promotions after a certain number of posts. Advertise your services in the marketplace of every hosting forum, as often as they'll allow. Once you've created an ad or a promotion, it's fairly easy to copy and paste that across multiple sites.

Network with everyone you meet. I wrote this a couple of years ago, but it still applies.

Here’s a networking tip for when you’re – out and about at Chamber or networking luncheons spreading the word about your business. Instead of chatting briefly and exchanging business cards, ask this, “If I were talking to someone who needed your services, what should I say to them?” This gives them the opportunity to give you their 30 second commercial touting their business. Everyone loves to talk about themselves and their business. Then ask them for 10 of their business cards instead of one. Why? Because it says to them that you’re interested in networking with them, instead of just marketing to them directly – like every other sales rep they’ve ever met. It sets you apart.

When you think about it, everyone has – a sphere of influence. When you say word of mouth is the best way to grow your business, how do you get that prospect or client to spread the word about your business? It all starts by showing an interest in their business, providing solutions that help them, and above all – great customer service. You’ll never be able to reach their sphere of influence on your own. Ask them for referrals (their sphere of influence) immediately after the sale. They’ve just said YES to your product or service. They know, like and trust you. Take it one step further. Ask them to let the person they just referred to you know that you’ll be calling.

All sales reps know that you have to ask for the sale. The same principle applies in networking – you have to ask for the referral.

Good luck with your business :)

My other business is selling toys at country shows etc. so what i is advertising on my van with a full back doors area advertising my hosting ( got this cheaper by displaying the signwriters details on the van), also on my stall i have a 12 ft x 3 ft banner advertising my web hosting, i also advertise in show programs giving a 10% discount if they use the advert code, also on the program ads it states in small writing if they show the ad at our stall they will get a free inflatable hammer ( this shows they have read the ad) i do get conversions through this and some maybe a few years down the line

Free advertisement? Hmm.... You can use social media to increase your traffic, submit your site to company directory, write informative articles, etc.

How about offering free services/stuffs through social media like Facebook and Twitter? You can create a poll or quiz.

Traffic, work on that, and work on SEO, these are the two main things you should concentrate on in your early days, trust me.

Then when you get people saying oh I found you searching for this in google, you smile :)

Social media. Friend as many relevant people and businesses as you can. Get e-mail, phone numbers, etc.... and talk to as many people as you can. Network your butt off my friend, it will pay off in the end.

Social media and relevant chat forums. Link the two together as well. Get a lot of traffic to notice you in these places and in time you'll get more traffic to your site.

I have just started a new web hosting company 2 months ago. I have my own website for this purpose. But the problem is that, I dont have enough money to advertise my business online. I know SEO is little bit, which I have been using, but I am not getting good response. Can u guys give me some good idea through which i can have some free advertisement online for my new business? :help:

I think that for a new hosting company web is actually not a good solution to advertise these days. There is simply too much competition. If I were you I would try to get clients directly word of mouth marketing. Talking to actual people who own websites. With marketplace as saturated as it is right now I simply don't see any way how can small web host startup make a splash.

Organic search no way.
PPC adds too expensive.
Hosting has to be one of most competitive industries outhere.

I would really suggest to acquire customers with direct contact.

I think that for a new hosting company web is actually not a good solution to advertise these days. There is simply too much competition. If I were you I would try to get clients directly word of mouth marketing. Talking to actual people who own websites. With marketplace as saturated as it is right now I simply don't see any way how can small web host startup make a splash.

Organic search no way.
PPC adds too expensive.
Hosting has to be one of most competitive industries outhere.

I would really suggest to acquire customers with direct contact.

True, right now over half of my clients know me personally. Thats the only way new hosts can emerge.

I think that for a new hosting company web is actually not a good solution to advertise these days. There is simply too much competition.

Ironic isn't it? The media that made everything more accessible has now made it virtually inaccessible.

Get your customers in real life first, and then bring them in. Makes sense.

Advertising is an important part if done systematically.

1 . Try to be active on communities like HostingDiscussions , Webhostingtalk , etc.
2 . Use the forums marketplace to advertise your services.
3 . Suggest your company to your friends if any or try to communicate in-person about your services.
4 . Social bookmarking is also a great way to spread your service.

Hope it helps

Regards
Bharat

Yes, if to do it for free the first that i can think about is popular hosting forums and talking to people that might be interested in your service personally.
Maybe you should offer something for free as well to make people try your service.

You're at the right place now. Go get the word out in the ad section of this forum, but make sure to follow the terms and conditions of each forum you visit!

Try forums such as this one and WebHostingTalk, you can post offers in the ad section for free.

It's hard to get clients to a new web hosting company. Some people don't like to sign up with new hosts as they're afraid the host might not make it past 2 years or even 1 year for that matter.

Just keep advertising though and you'll eventually get noticed. You might eventually have to start going the ppc ad route if you really want your business to succeed.

Personally I just went with ppc ads today and am going to see what the results are.

Hopefully I'll get clicks that will convert to clients.

Free advertising is good. But if you want to make money you have to spend money. That's just part of business. :)

Chad

Also I can suggest building your own online community. Link your hosting to a company forum and/or blog and be active in other communities with the same interests.

Activity in the social networking can only do you good - establish yourself in Facebook, Twitter, Google+, even new trendy ones like Pinterest :agree: