Affinity and Valueweb Outage?

Torrence

My Web site is gone, along with the Valueweb Hosting site and their parent company Affinity.com.

I have tried to locate a tech support number but all of Valuewebs sites are down (since 9:30 pm MST) and I would guess all sites hosted by them, like mine, are down.

An odd thing. I called Directory Assistance to get a number for Valueweb and the number gave me some guy who just wanted my phone number and seemed kinda drunk. He then called me back with a Private number and asked me if I wanted to switch to his company for free, something called ValuePlus or something.

So my question is, has anyone heard anything about Affinity shutting down, or any outages - and has anyone ever heard of a scam where fake hosting companies are listed with real company phone numbers.
Also, does anyone have the real number for Valueweb Tech Support?

Thank you.
Torrence

Last edited:
80,000 of Hostway/valueweb managed customers are down and have been for nearly 24 hours (some were up briefly for 5-7 hours, but are down again). They have no ETA or known cause. Yesterday it was a power-outage, today it is a sensor. All the servers (and phones initially) were down in the Ft. Lauderdale Datacenter; the VOIP phones came up 4 hours after the outage started at 7pm ET on 5/27, but some managed accounts started to come up at about noon ET on 5/28, some as late as 2:30 pm PT. Nearly all went down again at 7 pm ET again and are still down.

Users have no access to data, web services, and email and no known ETA. HOld times are more than an hour and they claim they are working on it, but what would take 24 hours to fix? I thought "Class I Datacenters" had backup, redundancy, etc.

They have mismanaged communication and hold times are ridiculous. Even when they were up briefly, they did not notify customers of the continuing the problems, acknowledge the problems. I wonder how Costo is taking all of this.

They don't really seem to care and they're cumulative downtime is now more than the top 10 hosting providers combined in the last 6 months. I can't believe they would screw 80,000 customers and not have this fixed in a more timely manner.

http://uptime.netcraft.com/perf/gra...llector=all&site=www.valueweb.net&range=86400

shows the outage, but it's misleading: the servers/accounts were up, but there was no data available for more than 6-9 hours this morning.

Last edited:
Valueweb Still Down, 35 hours and counting

Well, the WONDERFULLY, ignorant people at Valueweb say they are back up with intermittent outages but they still will not answer tech calls.

We have tried to contact ANYONE at Hostway or Valueweb. They are in hiding.

Stay FAR away from Hostway, Affinity and Valueweb. I am looking for a new Hosting Service. Absolutely the WORST support and service anywhere in the world.

They do not care about their customers and I seriously wonder if they will be in business in a few weeks.:smash: