After Slicing WebPage In PhotoShop, Help...

CHSajid

I have designed my full web page in Photoshop and have sliced it all but when i export the page as HTML and edit it in dreamweaver or any other editor, and then if the table width/hight changes the hole page layout gets messed up, why is this? anyone know?? what should i do after slicing web page should i export it or what?? how are professionals making there own web pages?? help! :disagree:

Dont concentrate on all the things. I think you can have a free web building software like BlueVoda. There you can have everything. But for buttons you need to create your own buttons using photoshop or any other software. Dont spend too much time on designing. More than design, content is the key factor.

kothar64 said:
Dont concentrate on all the things. I think you can have a free web building software like BlueVoda. There you can have everything. But for buttons you need to create your own buttons using photoshop or any other software. Dont spend too much time on designing. More than design, content is the key factor.

I have just had a look at that software and its not professional i need professional and i am sure no professionals web site designer uses that.

When you slice you should try to keep things fairly linear, unless you have some experience in css coding.

I find that if you take the slice tables and use the image as a background instead of a slice you will have more flexibility. It doesn't work great if you are using gradients.

Blue said:
When you slice you should try to keep things fairly linear, unless you have some experience in css coding.

I find that if you take the slice tables and use the image as a background instead of a slice you will have more flexibility. It doesn't work great if you are using gradients.
CSS is the way to go. I tried the same thing you did CHSajid and I found CSS made things easier. Just try out some CSS and mabye back everything else as a background, then you can "easily" place content and it won't effect your layout at all.

Good luck. :)

CSS is the way to go. I tried the same thing you did CHSajid and I found CSS made things easier. Just try out some CSS and mabye back everything else as a background, then you can "easily" place content and it won't effect your layout at all.

Good luck. :)

but i dont know much about CSS, please tell me how to program CSS, guide me through :),

Thanks.

sure it will be changed . So you have to redesign the table and transfer all the images to the table. Almost professionels are doing like. Not using any third party tool to conver

but i dont know much about CSS, please tell me how to program CSS, guide me through :),

Thanks.
You should learn it then, because CSS is the way to go these days. If you don't learn it sooner or later you'll be stuck behind everyone, since CSS is becoming more and more comman among websites.

Plus. CSS and SEO work fantastically. I've have got a 100% SEO Score using DomainTools SEO Browser :)

Last edited:
html vs css

I prefer html tables over css becuase it works on 100% of the operating systems 100% of the time. Sure all you young wipper snappers have the latest and greatest browsers and operating systems. But that is not true for everyone, especially the average person over 40.

Remember just because it works on your computer it does not mean it works one everyones computer and people wont download software to view your page.

So as nice as CSS is, it can hurt you more than help you in the long run.

One issue you may have with the sliced tables is that dreamweaver is likely modifying the table tags and making them more CSS like than table like. Also, simple changes in the code like moving a tag to a new line can create spaces between images on browsers such as IE.

I use front page express which was standard on most computers before windows xp. I use it because it keeps the code intact and wont mess up the tables.

If you use an advanced program like dreamweaver, it assumes it knows more than you do and it makes changes in the code.

You can download front page express (that is express and not just frontpage) from microsoft for free and run it on XP I don't know about Vista. I don't have a link, but I have downloaed it before and have saved the executable. If you need it let me know and I can e-mail it to you.

I prefer html tables over css becuase it works on 100% of the operating systems 100% of the time. Sure all you young wipper snappers have the latest and greatest browsers and operating systems. But that is not true for everyone, especially the average person over 40.

Remember just because it works on your computer it does not mean it works one everyones computer and people wont download software to view your page.

One issue you may have with the sliced tables is that dreamweaver is likely modifying the table tags and making them more CSS like than table like. Also, simple changes in the code like moving a tag to a new line can create spaces between images on browsers such as IE.

I use front page express which was standard on most computers before windows xp. I use it because it keeps the code intact and wont mess up the tables.

If you use an advanced program like dreamweaver, it assumes it knows more than you do and it makes changes in the code.

You can download front page express (that is express and not just frontpage) from microsoft for free and run it on XP I don't know about Vista. I don't have a link, but I have downloaed it before and have saved the executable. If you need it let me know and I can e-mail it to you.

I don't think it will "Hurt" in the long run. There are programs available out there where you can view your Website in all different operating systems, web browsers and screen resolutions. As long as you set your widths and heights as a percentage (including font-size) I don't think you can’t go wrong.