AntiVirus

Of those, I've personally used Trend Micro (terrible), Norton 360 (caught stuff, but overloaded my PC), ZoneAlarm (would recommend) and AVG (highly recommend).

Following bobchrist,I've used Kaspersky,AVG and Norton 360,I think these are very good to protect your computer.

I've used many of the top ones on various computers - each has their own special features that I like. McAfee is OK, Norton is good but a memory hog, TrendMicro I disable on ANY computer I sit down on, AVG I've used for years, and my personal favorite is Spyware Doctor. While not necessarily an AntiVirus product, it detects many trojan's and is a required product on any of my comptuers (even on employee computers).

AVG does the job great for us, not that we really put it to the test very often. If you know what sites not to visit and what attachments not to download you are usually pretty safe...

I think it is safe to assume that Trend Micro is what was causing all my issues then. I think I am going to try AVG thank you for the reviews. I hadn't considered that TrendMicro was what was messing with my speed and such! UGH!

Just thought of another program I routinely run on my workstation weekly - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Anti virus

I would recommend

1)Bit defender
2)Kaspersky
3)AVG

If you are having good server with more memory and harddisk space then Bit Defender would be great antivirus to have.

Thanks
Steve
TheSSLStore

Norton 2010 is actually not bad, and very trimmed down.

Still, ESET NOD32 is the one to beat, IMHO :)

According to me these three should make the top bracket

Kaspersky Lab performs real-time email scanning & automatic hourly updates; Rootkit and keylogger protection.

BitDefender 2008 has a user friendly interface that scans all existing files on your computer as well as all incoming and outgoing emails, IM transfers and all other network traffic.

The NOD32 anti-virus software by ESET provides real-time protection against worms, trojans, spyware, malware, phishing and hackers. Also the Nod32 control center gives you can access to tons of customization feature and different types of scans.

Regards

Aditya

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost