*********-any feedback?

purple

So in searching for alternatives to fatcow I decided to cruise through the showcase here (I mean why not, right?). Stumbled across ********* which is actually owned by someone in the next town over from me. I'm always happy to support local business, even if the physical location is in PA.

My only big concern is a Google search of the address gives me links to Vamphost which is no longer registered to that address since early this year (couldn't resist some sleuthing to see if I actually know the owner). There are numerous negative reviews since the sale, which worries me they may sell off this host company as well. Went through that with my last host and had the same issue of great service to total chaos.

The current, and as recent as May, reviews for ********* are all positive, and when I'm more lucid I plan on sending in a support ticket for some more info, especially about crafting my own package to add unlimited e-mails to the standard package offered.

I'm not really concerned with the 'green' hosting aspect. It comes as an added bonus. There is quite a bit of info given on the site, including testing software for speed, etc.

Anything seem worrisome about this host? I really just have a couple blogs, a small online store (currently hosted elsewhere) and some personal e-mails so no big load or resource hogs.

Do they offer a money-back guarantee? If so it wouldn't hurt to give them a try. You should also send them a few pre-sale questions to test the support response times and quality.

I assume you can do the search for their domain name here and on other web hosting related forums to get as much as possible information about them

Best way is to read people's review regarding this company. It will provide you crystal clear picture. You need to also read SLA & TOS of this company.

30 day moneyback.
Did all the googling I could. My fallback is I can drive there in about ten minutes and pound someone if they screw me over this time...... ;)

Still trying to decide which is a better deal. I had pseudo reseller at my last host for the unlimited domains and e-mail accounts. Not sure if a simpler shared would be enough. Still constructing my pre-sales questions as I can't order until at least Friday (payday)

Did all the googling I could. My fallback is I can drive there in about ten minutes and pound someone if they screw me over this time......
Wouldn't want to be in their shoes if they mess this up for you!! :D

Wouldn't want to be in their shoes if they mess this up for you!! :D
Lol, we are in New England. You just don't screw people over and post your address without expecting someone to come over toting a rifle...

...sent over my questions. Got a initial response in under and hour, complete reply in less than 24hrs. Looking pretty good. Gave me the specs for manpower locally and through their support center. Answered my questions well. Now I just have to decide what I really need and how much I really want to pay. 50% off sale for life of account though which will help....

Hello purple. I just stumbled upon this and just wanted to ask if you had ever signed up? If so, any review of our services so far?

Well your policy of helping on local business is going to cost you heavily on your business. Business without unnecessary norms run better. just my 2 cents.

Well your policy of helping on local business is going to cost you heavily on your business. Business without unnecessary norms run better. just my 2 cents.
What are unnecessary norms? And how does helping local business cost a hosting provider heavily? :confused:

why would you say by helping a local business will cost you heavily on business ? i'm sorry, i don't quite get it what you're trying to say...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1hosting