any hosts with real 24/7 support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iblive

Does anyone have experience with a host who actually does have 24 support on a regular basis? It always seems that I am often working on my sites late at night and when I need answers or there are problems, there is never anyone around.

Many sites claim it, but any experience with ones that actually have it?

Well if you think about it, how can a company run 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Good support is around 12 hours a day. 95% of companians that offer 24/7 support are just trying to make there company look goof

I work with a company Micfo.com that offers around the clock support with guaranteed 15-25 minute response to tickets. The longest wait for me personally so far was something like 7 or 9 minutes. The fastest? 1 minute. :)

Best,

Yes there is companies out there with true 24/7 support. But, you need to be ready to pay a premium price for that. Plus all these companies offering 24/7 support that dont better watch theyre butts cause there was a major company that just got fined by the FCC $250,000 for advertising 24/7 then not supplying it.

Hi there!

There are some companies which offers 7/24 live (or e-mail) support.

We do this. We have 2 supporters which are working in rotation. So don't say there're no companies which offer this.

Thank You!

visua said:
Hi there!

There are some companies which offers 7/24 live (or e-mail) support.

We do this. We have 2 supporters which are working in rotation. So don't say there're no companies which offer this.

Thank You!

We didnt say there was not any we said 95% dont :shout:

dotsupport, what is your connection with serverplace.net?
You have been recommending them in a lot of threads. Do you have a site with them?

pyxishost said:
Yes there is companies out there with true 24/7 support. But, you need to be ready to pay a premium price for that. Plus all these companies offering 24/7 support that dont better watch theyre butts cause there was a major company that just got fined by the FCC $250,000 for advertising 24/7 then not supplying it.
...wondering why the FCC would get involved... maybe you meant FTC?

Yeah, I think they meant FTC. You certainly can be fined for false advertising. I searched the FTC website and was not able to find anything. i would be interested to read more about that.

HostXL said:
Well if you think about it, how can a company run 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Good support is around 12 hours a day. 95% of companians that offer 24/7 support are just trying to make there company look goof

Thats not ture, we do 24/7 support. If we did 12 hour support we would be so far behind when we came in it would be nuts.. :(

vortech said:
Thats not ture, we do 24/7 support. If we did 12 hour support we would be so far behind when we came in it would be nuts.. :(
What HostXL meant, I think, is that most companies advertise on their web site 24/7 support while they actually don't provide it. A big part of them just can't for the prices they charge. They probably look at this that if they respond within reasonable period of time - that's 24/7 support. Obviously they receive requests for assistance 24/7, so they might also go from that - hey, we accept/open to your inquiries 24/7, and that's no lie.

However, when you are a customer, you know if a company provides real around the clock support by the time it takes to respond to your tickets. I'd say all potential customers have to be cautious about that if their need initially is 24/7 assistance help.

Best,

And don't forget about the 'outsourced support' that alot of hosting companies do... it is very cost effective for the hosting company and excellent support for the customer. Win Win situation :)

The hosting company with 24 X 7 support is a big deal. The support staff should be there for solving customer queries at any moment of time via
Live Chat
Email Support
Ticket Replies

MOD NOTE: Post edited. Advertising is NOT allowed in main forums. Please refer to the Rules of HostingDiscussion.com:
http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/rules.php

We rely on your further cooperation.

Before you go with any outsourcing company test them out by going on their website at different times through out the day.

Part of the problem in testing at different times of the day is that the support hours are often different than the sales hours. Sometimes support info is only available for customers.

Part of the problem in testing at different times of the day is that the support hours are often different than the sales hours. Sometimes support info is only available for customers.

I agree that it might not be wise to go completely on your response from the sales department; however, I do believe that in most situations it can be a good indicator.
For example, if you're not getting a good response at all from sales at various hours, it would suggest that the department is quite possibly understaffed. Generally speaking, if a host offers 24/7 support they will typically have sales support available most of the time as well. IMHO if the company offers 24/7 support you should get a response within 8-10 hours on a sales support request at the worst. The company should be able to show that it's interested in new clients and not just 'come if you want but we don't care'.

:) Hi there,
We use a mix of inhouse and outsourced support to give a true 24/7/365 support desk, however our sales team is not 24/7/365 they are more like 12/7/365 so to base your conclusion on sales reply time is incorrect.

I know of many other companies that are the same and I think this would be true in a lot more cases than you may think, so again the only true way to test out a companies support reply time is to test out their support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123