Any SQUARE users? (or CC for that matter)

SolidShellSecur

We are looking to slowly move away from PayPal and other web based transaction tools due to the amount of fraud and charge backs you typically get from PayPal for our Dedicated servers we sell. Just curious as to if anyone else uses SQUARE or another CC processing tool and what has your experiences with them been?

I use Google checkout, just because I had the same fraud problems with Paypal. The only thing about google checkout is they require you to have an SSL certificate installed (which for payments is a smart idea anyway). So far, my experience has been great, and I would recommend them.

I've looked into square but haven't used them. We use stripe for our credit card processor.

It's been working great for us.

Chad

We use Stripe for direct CC processing and can only recommend it.

When a chargeback does occur they will actually let you respond to the dispute where as others like 2checkout won't give you a chance. $15 for a CB is also a fair fee if you loose with stripe.

I have Square, and have used it a couple times. Its fee setup is the same as PayPal, if I remember correctly. It has thus far been very reliable.

We are looking to slowly move away from PayPal and other web based transaction tools due to the amount of fraud and charge backs you typically get from PayPal for our Dedicated servers we sell. Just curious as to if anyone else uses SQUARE or another CC processing tool and what has your experiences with them been?

We only use Paypal, but you should also look into Stripe, heard good things about it.

Square is very cool! I use them for my consulting business I run on the side. I don't know that I would use it for hosting purposes as you run the risk of a lot of manual processing each month. I'd prefer not to have staff members just to process credit cards each month.

Stripe works wonders for us. I should inform you that you should implement a more rigid means of verification for any hosting related service due to the amount of scammers and spammers out there. We use a combination of phone verifications, manual checks and maxmind. Never had a chargeback yet!

A very good point was raised about Square here, which is that you cannot integrate it into your system, even for batch processing. That would mean that you would have to enter every single credit card number each month manually for each transaction and the exact amount. There is a ton of room for human error here.

I would start by looking at your verification process. Why arey ou getting so many fraud / chargebacks? Many providers ask for government issued photo ID and even call the customer to verify they are who they say they are, especaily on these types of high dollar orders. We sell dedicated servers too and our chargebacks and fraud levels are very low, because we screen everything and are very rigid with our process. If we even have an inkling that something is not right, we will just not accept the order.

I might start a thread on order verification actually, could be interesting to see what everyone here does with thier orders. :)

Hope this helps.

A very good point was raised about Square here, which is that you cannot integrate it into your system, even for batch processing. That would mean that you would have to enter every single credit card number each month manually for each transaction and the exact amount. There is a ton of room for human error here.

I would start by looking at your verification process. Why arey ou getting so many fraud / chargebacks? Many providers ask for government issued photo ID and even call the customer to verify they are who they say they are, especaily on these types of high dollar orders. We sell dedicated servers too and our chargebacks and fraud levels are very low, because we screen everything and are very rigid with our process. If we even have an inkling that something is not right, we will just not accept the order.

I might start a thread on order verification actually, could be interesting to see what everyone here does with thier orders. :)

Hope this helps.

I have heard bad things about third party verification and internet fraud by employees, I suggest you to prepare automated system.

So far paypal has been working great for us.
I always check address and if something is wrong, we call the customer.
Especially in particular countries

We will be moving to a CC processor soon too. Just have to decide whether to go with Stripe or Square. Both are good, but we think that it's better to be able to integrate everything... So Stripe will probably win out the decision. And having rigid verification systems in place is definitely the best way to go about it.

We're using Stripe as well (in combination with WHMCS) and are really positive about it!

Keep in mind that changing payment provider will not decrease the number of fraudulent orders and chargebacks...