Anyone deal with Registry Fly?

WorldCom

Hi all,

I'm just wondering about anyone's experience with register fly. I've registered a couple of domains with them and everything worked seemlessly.

I was wonder about the protection service though which states.
We replace your registrant, technical, admin and billing information with our own.
Although the whois information shows our information, you retain ownership of the domain.

I have this enabled on the domains, but still can view my information. More importantly, a valid email address. I wrote to support and did get a very fast response that said something to the fact that you do have it enabled and if I do a lookup, I see they are on the domain, yet my information appears right below it.

Not really sure that it's doing the job it is suppose to.

Anyone??

I don't know about your specific problem, but from reading around it looks like RegisterFly has been experiencing some major issues after moving from their eNom reseller account to an ICANN accredited registrar.

If you want, you can PM me the names that are supposed to have the protection and I can confirm there's a problem or see if in fact they did update.

Thanks for the offer webfreak,

The advice I got from support was to disable the web protect and re-enable it. I figured it was a canned response, but I checked 2 other domains I had registered and they were in fact fully protected. So I guess it does work.

For the most part, I've been pretty happy with Register Fly. I have read some horrror stories about support .... but they were extremely quick for this issue.

BTW, if anyone wants a domain reaganshouse.com ..... let me know ..... me type wrong ....... stupid fingers :rolleyes2 :D

Registerfly had the reputation of one of the biggest companies, but also one of the worst. I had a major issue with them and I even had one of the head people call me up to resolve the issue and he had said that if I held tight, things were due to improve. I guess the one thing I can say is he didn't hide the horror's, he openly admitted that things were not going to great and that they knew that. He didn't really try to pass the blame to anyone else or anything either. Their new site was launched, with the introduction to live support again, the phone support has improved from what I experianced and all in all, my experiances are getting better, but I MUST stress, they couldn't have gotten any worse.

Though I have never used them (registered for an account but never bought a domain), their reputation seems to precede them.

Registerfly not so fly

I have used them for over 3 years now and it used to be really nice but ever since they updated the systems its been nothing but headache. I have had so many problems with the renew feature I have lost many of my domains with no answers as to why from the tech support. If you are looking to use them please be careful and if you need help you are better off calling but remember they really dont help and just tell you a bunch of crap to get you off the phone. I would recommend using anything else other then registerfly.com because your time and money are really worth more then a couple dozen excuses.

I am using registerfly for 3 years now with more than 30 domains on them and never encounter the same problem as you are....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1hosting