Anyone filling the WHT void?

BrickHost

Does anyone know of any websites or resources that seem to be filling the void left by WHT closing :angry: the advertising forums?

I've scoured the web and newsgroups, and have come up with a half dozen of sites that have spring up, most of them don't look very promising, except www.posttohost.com but even they don't have a large following yet.

Time to dust off my marketing plan and go back to the board? (no pun intended) :rolleyes:

I'm sure there are plenty other hosting forums where people will turn to. This one, and HHO comes to mind. I dont think there's a shortage for the forums at all. Obviously the following at these forums is rather small compared to WHT but others are quite large. For domain names,etc for example, there's namepros. For web design stuff, there's a TON of web design forums.

Ditto. :)

Although there's a *ton* of reasons why the WHT requests forum dissapeared, smaller communities are often better for finding customers and promoting a good atmosphere for individuals seeking hosting. Be creative in it - it makes things more fun :)

As far as what I'm doing? Google, google, google...

-David

I'd have to agree. It might even be better. I think WHT is more prone to the "kiddie hosts" everyone talks about. I haven't seen the crazy price wars AS MUCH in other places. Could be a positive for those who see it that way :)

Price war in WHT is insane ! definately spoil the market price for web hosting. i suggest turn to other smaller forum you might get better sales.

Personally, I think the Ad forums really just encouraged price wars and considering how big WHT is, it hurt the hosting market IMHO.

But as another poster suggested, check out HHO.

vortech said:
Yea I an kind of tired of all the WHT drama.. :(
Which is why I started to spend less time over there. I enjoy when the crowd I'm with is relatively small. There is no arguing, no screaming, everyone is just having good talk and fun.

Best,

Artashes said:
Which is why I started to spend less time over there. I enjoy when the crowd I'm with is relatively small. There is no arguing, no screaming, everyone is just having good talk and fun.

Best,
That is why I spend most of my 'forum' time here. I don't post alot anywhere, but I like to read what others say, I seem to learn more that way. :)

*warm fuzzies*

yea i kinda gave up on wht too...far too crowded to have any real conversations. Anyone else notice how annoying the admins are there?? Maybe its me..

I had no issues with the mods there. I got 7 points once when I notified someone that he had a PM (that's against the rules) but I learned my lesson and that was it. I stick to the point and I'm very careful not to do anything that even hints at advertising.

Personally I like WHT as it is a good resource. It's a very good database filled with valuable info.

One thing that is harder there is to make real friends. You get to know a lot of people though.

They sure are strict (and sometimes much too strict). That's mainly because they can get away with it. They also have a lot to deal with so they have to make decisions fast. I can only imagine how much work it takes to keep everything clean there.

In fact, the removal of their requests subforum is another sign of "we can afford it" attitude. Plus, iNET figured it could be lucrative to remove it. ;)

Now, just because this place is smaller don't imagine that things are very loose here. As Art said, we can be strict too. :)

I figured that it will only be a matter of time until something like this happens, since wht joined up with inet interactive some say that they have gotten worst instead of better how ever though that's just other opinions.