Anyone know anything about turbulentmedia.com

blueskies

Does anyone know anything about turbulentmedia.com?

I just found a private message they send me the last time I was looking for a host.

I really like the look and feel of their website.

It looks like what I think a web hosting company should look like.

Although they do allow overselling. So I'm a little worried about that.

People like me WILL use all the space we are alloted.

Just like I plan to use my entire 100 GB of space on godaddy.com. (Which should be interesting to see what happens.)

Anyone got any experience with them?

Thanks ahead of time... :cool:

Well I was soooo close to ordering from them as backup just now.
I really think their website looks great!

But I'm a bit put off by the chat I just had with them. Mind you I only said, "please post your reply" because I thought maybe it would help them get some exposure.

Here is the bit of chat that really put me off.

BlueSkies:*Cpanel/WHM

Jessica Leyar:*Ok, we offer cPanel hosting among other systems. Are you looking for hobbyist, business, corporate hosting?

BlueSkies:*http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/web-hosting-requests/9366-looking-reseller-hosting.html

Jessica Leyar:*simply stating you would like at least 3 gigs of space may have been the easier route sir. We offer 5 gigs of space for $19.99 per month with WHM access, and 14.99 per month without. Each plan comes with 180 gigs of bandwidth allocated per month.

BlueSkies:*Feel free to post your reply

Jessica Leyar:*You may view the standard shared plan (without WHM) here: www.turbulentmedia.com/shared.html or our reseller plan here: www.turbulentmedia.com/reseller.html

Jessica Leyar:*with all due respect, in speaking with a few hundred potential clients per day, we aren't going to post. Our plans, quality, and standards are very clearly stated on our site. If you are shopping for people to post on that website, I'm sorry, but we will not.

Jessica Leyar:*We are a professional company, and not a child hosting in their basement. Should you be interested in our services, by all means.

Jessica Leyar:*Have a good day sir :)

The thing is I wasn't shopping for anything but a good hosting company.

I only sent her the link to so I wouldn't have to retype everything I was looking for into the chat window.

Does her reply seem rude to anyone else? It instantly made me not want to order from them... sigh... :disagree:

Last edited:
This is quite interesting..

1. You've contacted our staff 3 times.
First time (via live chat to our staff member (thank you for posting her last name.) you didn't use your posted chat name (althoug same IP address) and harassed her, said you would only order service if we give you a huge discount, etc.. When she declined, you were abusive. She ended the chat.. 3 minutes later, you started the chat above. She didn't know you were the same person, as you used a new nickname (why would you do that, I wonder?) until you told her once again to post on that thread.

You then got into a live chat with ME stating you were posting this msg to get even with us. You are by no means a professional person. Someone who is acting in a professional manor would not harass one of our female employees, and then threaten to post bad things about our company.

We are contacting Verizon's DSL division in Florida with your IP address to see what we can do about the harassment we have recorded via screenshot video live chat (for just such occasions) and logs.

Since most of what you have said is a lie.

Please post the entire chat transcript.

BTW My real name is John.

My first chat session was cut off before I could say anything.

My second chat session was the one I posted above. I just changed the John to BlueSkies.

And this was my last chat session:
BlueSkies: That being done I thank you for your time.
Michael Rosati: you are by no means professional.
Michael Rosati has left the chat conversation
Click Here to Leave a Message
Michael Rosati: we don't play with children.

I never asked for any special pricing. I just wanted reliable service.
Now you are attacking me and lying.

My current host doesn't have the best uptime but they are always courtious in their chats. They have never talked down to me like you have.

What is your problem?

Like I said please post the chat sessions. I want to see these threats you are talking about.

Thank You

Last edited:
Wow too funny!!!

They are rude to me.

Then they come up with paranoid lies with nothing to back them up.

Then they block my ip address.

Real professional.

I guess this is why it's called turbulentmedia.com.

I must have just experienced the turbulence.

This is what I consider a kiddie host.
That is a host that behaves like children.

So I guess the lession is don't judge a book by it's cover.

Even though their website looks super, like they are total professionals.

They really behave completely unprofessionally...