Anyone tried a Pay As You Go reseller ?

monaghan

We've been doing this for a while now thinking that it might be a good thing to help some new hosts get going.

Anyone else had any experience or used a similiar service ?

It's a service the company I work for set up also. It has worked well for us as people can upgrade and add on extras as needed instead of paying the larger amount.

I agree... it is a good tool to help some startups!!

This is a great idea. I know that when I used a reseller account, if I wanted more, I had to purchase a bigger account. I'd rather this type so I could just add bandwidth or just add disk space, whichever I needed.

A long time ago I started with a pay as you go reseller - buying small chunks of disk / band etc. It was great then as you can get started for little money. However with the advent of crazy reseller pricing (10gb disk for £10 month) - I'm not convinced this would now be a sound business idea.

You never know until you try though!

correct - but clients would ask why they should pay £5gb when they can "grow" into these cheaper packages . . . . . most dont know better!

pay as you go

We are a reseller (Edited)
(Edited)

I think this is a great deal.
At one time (8 years ago) we were paying $2000+/mo for hosting. costs.

Today things are different:
I don't understand how a new hosting company could not not afford to pay (Edited). for reseller hosting. Which allows them to host not only their site .. but to host 100's of their customers for the one low price.

So what I am saying we offer you your own hosting company for only $29/mo (edit/for example).

Being a reseller is completely anonymous allowing you to act as an independent hosting company.

Some companies limited the # of domains you are allowed to host on each of there plans. (Edited)

The Pay As You Go model seems to work well in other areas. Some people don't like to pay for more than they need until they know they can afford it.

I agree that a serious host should be able to afford £100/month and run their own servers, so not even needing a reseller account.

As server owners we don't however control the business model of our customers :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123