Are there any bad Data Centers?

lol there was a 14 yr old kid that was doing that. He msg me on MSN on time told me I was a dip **** and I didnt know anything about hosting or anything in life in general. I was like I started out when you were 8 yrs old. I said "Nice linksys router you are using" :)

ZiDev said:
I've heard some people mention hurricane electric as having bad billing and support...

-- HW
I think you can have that problem with any Datacenter, it may not be with you but with other people.

DedicatedNow, ServerBeach. Theplanet, Servermatrix double billed me once. Errors happen.

PierreB said:
I think you can have that problem with any Datacenter, it may not be with you but with other people.

DedicatedNow, ServerBeach. Theplanet, Servermatrix double billed me once. Errors happen.
Good point, errors do happen but you would think that these companies would have gotten it right by now.

Nope never have and never well TR... I remember a few compaines charging me and saying they never charged me when I even faxed them the copy :) oh well you live and learn and use ChargeBacks wisely :)

Oh, there are plenty of bad data centers. If uptime and reliability are important to you, you should have a lot of questions before choosing a data center.

I must say that Managed.com was a horrible datacenter when I was with them. Their uptime was ridiculous and their support was extremely slow. Then, get this, they billed me for another month on my server 15 days after I cancelled my server. They even replied to my cancellation request saying they deleted all my server info. Just my 2¢

It really depends on what you want to spend. You can easily drop hundreds a month on a small server with almost no bandwidth at rackspace. The management of a DC also directly reflects on the quality of service. When selecting a datacenter it is important to see what type of equipment they have for emergencies and if they have ever had to use it.

I have been pretty have with ev1 while I have been using them. They have had their glitches but really in the human world what is perfect? I think for the price they are a good value. They also have a very reliable network with plenty of bw unlike other providers *cough* SM that wait a little longer before upgrading.