Artashes

Simon

I just thought I'd do a quick post, thanking artashes, publicly, for his great hospitality.

I am currently in Montreal as part of a somewhat impromptu vacation, and shot Artashes a quick email, which led to us having a nice two/three hours chatting at "Newtown" in Montreal.

Thanks, Art, and it was a great pleasure meeting the man behind HD, and The World Journal.

Montreal is a beautiful city!

Simon

Artashes is indeed a very gracious host. I consider him the unofficial Montreal Ambassador. :)

Have a safe trip home, Simon.

Vito

Hey Simon,

It was a real pleasure meeting someone I've been communicating with for so long. It should have happened sooner should he or me came to one of the Toronto gatherings. Simon is a fun guy - we actually went out again later that night to an Irish bar (hope you liked it Simon), and talked about so many things! Sports, women, kids, real estate, Vito (and Vito's recent BBQ with his amazing cooking skills - so I heard Vito... And I don't doubt that) and yes, a little bit about the web hosting industry. I knew no one really wanted to talk business when you are relaxing.

Earlier in the day we went to Newtown (Vito, you must remember the place from out meeting), this place is owed by the Formula 1 driver Jacques Villeneuve. Unfortunately my digital camera battery died prior to our meeting, so I could not take any pictures.

I think its about time we organized a huge hosting-party meeting (I'll plan it out for next Summer 2006).

Simon, it was great meeting you again. I had tons of fun (so did my girlfriend). I hoped for the opportunity to meet your wife and son, however I understand - shopping in Montreal is irresistible and hard to get away from. :D

So if there's a metup next year, and Art is the official unofficial ambassador - does that mean we can make him give us a tour and do the, "And to the left you'll see..." thing? Cause that'd be AWESOME! :)

John, I am already planning an event for July/August 2006, so you better show up. I'll do the tour thing if that is what it takes. :D