AWStats

Silk

I really like AWStats (it comes included in cPanel) for seeing the information about visitors, hits, search engine keywords used, browsers of visitors, and more. It is a very useful tool and I would pay for it if it were not free, because it's that good.

I really like AWStats (it comes included in cPanel) for seeing the information about visitors, hits, search engine keywords used, browsers of visitors, and more. It is a very useful tool and I would pay for it if it were not free, because it's that good.
I do agree and concur with you. I've always liked AWStats.

We took a survey a few years ago of our clients asking which they used - Analog, Awstats or Webalizer - the majority said Awstats, and the second in the list was Webalizer.

As a result, we then disabled the others by default so only Awstats was enabled, but the others could be enabled by the client.

This has also helped our clients keep their website space undercontrol as having all 3 running was just eating up their space for no reason.

Awstats is what I use to monitor my website statistics as well. I tried Google Analytics before for a period of time and found Awstats to be more accurate, so I stuck to it.

I've heard a lot of people talk about Google Analytics, but have not personally done anything with it. I haven't really had any desire to, since I am happy with the one I use.

I use Analytics daily - even have a client who is considering the Google Analtyics PRO version (starts at $300k)

We do a lot of split testing (A/B Testing) and the real time analytics proves invaluable during such tests. I can't tell you the last time I looked at AWStats - it's been at least a year.. maybe 2

Webalizer and Analog are not worse than Awstats.

Awstats is what I use to monitor my website statistics as well. I tried Google Analytics before for a period of time and found Awstats to be more accurate, so I stuck to it.

We saw this as well. Been using it since the very early 2000 days.

GA just would change too much and I don't exactly trust Google this day and age.

I use AWStats I find the information to be very useful and more accurate than most. I also love their API to pull data that you want where you want.

One of the things I really like is how detailed it is. It is nice to be able to see that this page is getting the most views and that browser is the one most people use, and all that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123