bad support? blame yourself

shockym

I read a great piece the other day talking about honestly most any company out there, when it comes down to customer support and the lack your customers are getting you can only blame yourself. Go through the ranks to see where the proper lies, but most times its due to improper training of the staff.

Improper training, and unmotivated staff are the two that I recognize when I'm out and about.

Too often I go to resturants and get bad service, or whatever the case might be. Instead of the person wanting to take control of a situation and help resolve it, they're quite happy just ignorning you and saying "that's how it is" etc.

The worst are the owners of establishments that take feedback personally. Don't they know people are trying to help them?

ive had clients come to me on live chat complaining their site is down or lagging and blaming ther server is down and its a server problem, and then after several hours going through tests etc. it falls that the problem is the clients own settings etc. and nothing to do with the server, but its very rare i get any apology from the clients.

but as a service provider you have just got to take the flack and help your clients out the best you can or they may just upsticks and go with another host.

but as a service provider you have just got to take the flack and help your clients out the best you can or they may just upsticks and go with another host.

And that's it.. All to often I see hosts take complaints about service personally, especially in the public domain. A quick look on any web hosting forum and you'll find a thread where a host is arguing with a client over who's right and wrong. Now I understand the need to defend the company, but lowering yourself and the company into arguments with clients is not the way to go about it.

And that's it.. All to often I see hosts take complaints about service personally, especially in the public domain. A quick look on any web hosting forum and you'll find a thread where a host is arguing with a client over who's right and wrong. Now I understand the need to defend the company, but lowering yourself and the company into arguments with clients is not the way to go about it.

right or wrong, if a client has a problem,

1) find out what the problem is calmly
2) find a solution and fix it if you can

continue too argue with client then

1) the client will walk
2) the client will post many damaging reviews on hosting forums

this will do no good to your reputation

we currenly have a client that if he has a problem its always the server to blame, but hes the only one that reports such a problem and then suddenly with the DC techs assistants its alway down to the client messing around with their script, but i never argue with the client i carmly explain the problem to the client until they understand the problem and at the same time i learn a bit more about the scripts they use

Last edited: