Betterlinux?

KurotaTakumi

Hi, guys!

Have any one heard the betterlinux or used it?

It seems that hostgator and bluehost are using the software on their servers. :help:

BetterLinux was created by Bluehost guys. So, when HG was bought by EIG, it might be deployed there too.

Rack911 had a comparison between BetterLinux and CloudLinux, have you seen it yet?

BetterLinux was created by Bluehost guys. So, when HG was bought by EIG, it might be deployed there too.

Rack911 had a comparison between BetterLinux and CloudLinux, have you seen it yet?

I have seen the report. It said it is better security for the cloudlinux. But the betterlinux has released the new version and enhanced the security. So I got the question. The bandwidth limit feature is attracting me.

It's an optimizer of your linux server. Looks like lots of server using it. It's leaded by previous bluehost ceo matt heaton.

CloudLinux is better than BetterLinux.

That is not really a fair statement. BetterLinux WAS better than CloudLinux as the previous poster mentioned from the Rack911 Review. If you look at the review however, most of the shortcomings from BetterLinux have been eliminated with the newest version. I am not disagreeing with your position, just hoping that you will expand your argument by either providing examples from your use of the newest version of BetterLinux or citing a more recent review that takes into account the revisions.

That is not really a fair statement. BetterLinux WAS better than CloudLinux as the previous poster mentioned from the Rack911 Review. If you look at the review however, most of the shortcomings from BetterLinux have been eliminated with the newest version. I am not disagreeing with your position, just hoping that you will expand your argument by either providing examples from your use of the newest version of BetterLinux or citing a more recent review that takes into account the revisions.
Why CloudLinux is better, refer Rack911's blog (I am sure I do not need to explain who are these guys :) ):

https://blog.rack911.com/hosting-control-panels/cloudlinux-vs-betterlinux-security-default-settings/

In addition to my previous reply,

CloakFS is still unable hide /etc/passwd/, named.conf, and system log files as well as root processes from users. This is the latest information available on BetterLinux CloakFS page.

In addition to my previous reply,

CloakFS is still unable hide /etc/passwd/, named.conf, and system log files as well as root processes from users. This is the latest information available on BetterLinux CloakFS page.

Yes these features are coming soon. But lets also look at the whole picture on balance - they will support more Kernels/OS's than CloudLinux will, they will have the above referenced feature completed, and not to mention an extremely competitive price point. Imaging having a set of test systems and a set of production systems, and only having to license the production systems to test new updates/enhancements. This plus the lower starting price point is something too look at.

I am not, I repeat not saying that BetterLinux is better than CloudLinux. I am saying that it might be worth a revisit for anyone considering a security investment in the next 60 days.