Bhb

mmelen

There should really be a Better Hosting Borough (BHB).
Where there would be a list containing approved and rejected hosts.

I just feel that there are many bad things that hosts are doing that people just aren't hearing about it until they end up in the same situation.

Setting CPU Limits and making it impossible to cancel your account are just a few problems hosts have.

Well there is a Better Business Bureau that takes care of all... so I am not completely convinced that we need one serving the hosting industry alone. ;)

Thats not a bad idea for a website although, that way webhost companies can advertise on their site something like 'We have been approved by the BHB! That means were a good host so buy our stuff and give us your money!' Hmm, I may look into that..

The BBB may cover hosting companies as well since it is a business but going on that website is hard to navigate. But then on the other side, trying to start a site for that purpose would be pretty hard to do if your wanting it to be recognized by the government.

BBB is recognized by the government? In what way?

Anyway, there are quite a few "seals" for hosts to go after if they want to. Hostingassured and Geekcertified come to mind. I doubt they can make a real impact when it comes to sales though.

The government helps with a lot of its funding, well it use to anyways, I don't know how much they do now. Any government agency that deals with marketing or business will always refer you to them, it's even Equifax's top sponsored company.

There is BBB and there is another site that i cannot remmember which provides a service called "good host ehtics".

I think that does the trick, but since you mentioned cpu limit, that would only mean that your site had alot of traffic or was resource intensive in that case ofcourse the host will take some action.

Last edited: