Billing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladesign

What's the best way to deal with refunds? We have a lot of programming clients, and from time to time there are issues with a couple of them where we have done the work and have turned it over, then a couple days later they want money back.

Any suggestions?

The best way to deal with this is via clauses in a written contract - agreed to by both parties before any work is performed.

Hard question. If you feel you delivered the a product that satisfy's customers request, then you have every right to refuse refund. Problem is that is hard to prove sometimes. Then there is the risk of getting you name smeared all over the internet by the unhappy client.

A good idea is to have 2 payments for example. If they want the momey back they will get only the last payment.

I never give refunds. But I also include it in the contract
so the customer know before proceeding with the job.

Best way is to include everything in ToS. While situation occurs the complete resolution of problem is there. Second matter is exact judge if services offered was as good as they should for customer or something was wrong and refund is right. Compromise is often a good choice, but it is only easy said :) Good name of company is very important, keep that in mind while thinking about refunds.

This pertains to hosting. I offer a discounted domain name with my packages. Therefore, if anyone cancels within the first 14 days, it is clearly mentionned in the TOS that I substract 9.95$ for the domain name registration (and then release the domain to them, it's useless to me). You can probably increase that to up to 12.95$ but I stick to the 9.95$ price point.

Basically, have a TOS that clearly states what you would consider a valid refund request. Also keep a detailed account of all your dealings with that person. Protect yourself because people will try to scr... you.

Keep a log of chats and emails. once they say they are satified with your product, no refund for them, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.