Billing software for WHM

phpcoin is a good free option.
WHMCS, WHM Autopilot and Modernbill are popular solutions although there seems to be some turmoil in the Modernbill organization.

There is also iHost, Clientexec, AWBS and Accountlab among others.

I was going to add my favorite billing software, but there are so many threads where everyone posts their version of 'the best billing software', I thought it best to comment on the subject in general.

Commercial versus Free or GPL'd:
While commercial scripts offer trouble free installation and operation, it's very difficult to customize the code (I'm not referring to look) for any one specific purpose. Although many are written for both hosting and domain registration, some are written with domain registration as a primary purpose, while others are written for hosting.

GPL scripts are generally more difficult to install and have a few more bugs, but they may be customized more readily. More are written with hosting as a primary purpose, but may offer domain registration functions.

Before you can decide on a billing system, you must know which control panel you'll be using if you plan to have automated account creation (in general this is a bad idea due to fraud) and if domain registration is needed, which registrar you'll be using.

Additionally:
Will you be selling other products or services?
Do you need multiple administrator logins?

After trying out multiple billing software, WHMCS is the way to go. Ease of use, lots of functionality and easy to customize. :)

Plus they are constantly updating their software and they listen closely to their customer feedback.

After trying out multiple billing software, WHMCS is the way to go. Ease of use, lots of functionality and easy to customize. :)

Plus they are constantly updating their software and they listen closely to their customer feedback.

You won't be disappointed. WHMCS is excellent and the support/features/updates are all top notch.

I used to have Modernbill as a billing system, I musta say that it is very inconvenient and has many unnecessary features.

I agree with you guys,that WHMCs is much better :)

By the way, do you know where to get cheap licenses for WHMCS?

I don't think you want to go too "cheap" when it comes to your billing software. The price WHMCS charges for their application is VERY reasonable for what you get. Plus there's a huge community of people in their forums should you need help, and lots of people recommending the software.

I don't use it myself, as my business is different. But from the amount of times I've heard recommendations for it, AND from my personal dealings with Matt (owner of WHMCS), I would definitely recommend WHMCS.

Rob.

AND from my personal dealings with Matt (owner of WHMCS), I would definitely recommend WHMCS.

How is that possible to get in touch with Mat because I have a couple of questions for him concerning WHMCS?

We have actually switched from ClientExec to WHMCS. THey have great support and there software is really easy to use and integrate.

You can get WHMCS licences for around $100 from licencepal

I would suggest ClientExec if you are looking for something cheaper or for a little bit more you could go for WHMCS which is my key recommendation.