Bulk dark shirts?

OwlMan

I've thought about getting a couple of shirts to giveaway in local events in the future when I'm ready to move from only hosting a couple of small private clients to a larger customer base but most custom shirt sites I've seen charge about $18+ per dark colored shirt which is a bit too much. Does anyone know of a good one that charges $14 or less for a dark custom shirt as my logo looks better on dark colors versus white?

Is that screenprinted or embroidered?

Depending on the shirt, you can definitely find lower prices. It will also depend on quantity. Less than 10 shirts, expect to pay more than if you were to order say 50 shirts.

I've used www.brokenarrowwear.com based in Iowa for thousands of shirts in the past couple years with everything from a 20 shirt run to a 300 shirt run and have always been happy with their pricing. From Green to dark blue shirts - never had an issue. You may want to check them out.

In the past year, I purchased a screen printing machine here in my garage and run some shirts every now and then, but it's more for playing around. For speed, I still outsource.

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but I was wondering if you thought about something less costly in the mean time before you move on to shirts? Unless you're going to be giving away shirts at a trade show and have people wear them, then it won't do as much for you as pens or even a note pad that would be sitting next to the potential client's computer - this will leave them with your brand in their mindset whenever they wish to pursue a service that you offer.

I hope this advice helps, I know it's a bit off-topic and I apologize if it didn't help.