Can anyone recommend Polurnet

pyramids

I am looking around for a new hosting company.

Polurnet has the service I need and the cost is reasonable.
I have been with 3 hosting companies in the past year. I keep getting the same problems; down time and slow server - it's either the email is down, the database is down, the name server is down, or the web server is down. I am rather tired of this - Maybe the servers I have been on can't handle the work load - So I am looking to upgrade to a semi-dedicated server or one like the VPS Polurnet offers.

I would appreciate all comments good or bad. Also if you can recommend someone else fine.

Regards.. :)

Just out of curiosity, can you tell me the three companies you have had problems with in the last year and can you tell me where you heard about polurnet? They are not a very big company so it seems strange someone would sign up to a forum to ask about them specifically.

Hey Blue,
I can tell you 2 of the companies (I am still with the third) - Interland, they were the worst ever - I could write for hours about how lousey they were, but why waste more of my time. The 2nd company was SiteGround - my only complaint with them was their speed - very slow, but they were easy to contact and very polite - also great features, but what good is it if it won't load.

I am searching now all over the net for a new host. I am emailing people who have posted great reviews to see if their opinion still holds.

What I do is find a host, then go to and search the company name and search words like review, complaint, etc.

I only have found two companies that did not show any (real issues) complaints. Polurnet and SorStream. I found both of these posted as good hosting providers.

I am looking for a hoster who can offer: cPanel, 10G space, 200G Bandwidth and the normal stuff.

Any suggestions?

You will find a lot of reviews for Polurnet at NamePros.com

SorStream I've never heard of so I can't help out there.

pyramids, I would like for you to let me know should someone here contact you with an offer. It is against the forum policy to solicit members that asked for recommendations.

Hosting wise, you will find plenty of companies in the range of $70/mo for what you are looking for. Have you considered a VPS solution instead?

Best,

Artashes,
Sure will do. I'm not looking for any offers there are hundreds of places to get offers.

Question:
How does one go about finding a "better" server and how does one know even what to purchase. I am on a shared server (my needs are basic) and that is probably my main problem (resources get overtaxed). In regards to VPS how much of a learning curve would it be to go VPS?

Regards..

Pyramids, is your budget $70 monthly or annually?

For $45/month you can get a vps from Servint with 10gb space and 200gb transfer.
http://servint.com/vps/

The learning curve is really no more than a reseller account.
Servint have outstanding service and if you ask they will do the complete set up for you.

Blue,
$70 per month.
What would be more helpful to me are actual users recommendations with their uptime stats or something I can sink my teeth into. I guess I am really looking for a reliable honest hosting company.

Think about this, what hosting company is going to care if your $70 a month server has a problem - it can't be the money that causes them be give great service. From the website owners position - downtime could be $1000 lost for the day, but for the hosting company it's only a $2.33 loss?.

Am I making any sense here?

I have a couple of vps servers with Servint so this would be an actual user recommendation.
Both servers have an uptime of better than 99.85% over the past two years and both have 100% uptime to date for 2006.
Average support response time is under 15 minutes 24/7.

Last edited:
Yes, I checked out Servint. $45 VPS looks very attractive.
If their support and reliability that good, they might worth trying.

ldcdc said:
You made me curious Blue. Not that the uptime record is bad, it's pretty decent, but what led to the downtime?

To be honest Dan, the number is a little skewed.
Most of that downtime percentage comes from last August where my monitor shows a 6 hour downtime.
While the monitor was showing downtime the server was actually still online and all sites were up.

Other than that any downtime is just from standard upgrades and restarts.

Most of that downtime percentage comes from last August where my monitor shows a 6 hour downtime.
While the monitor was showing downtime the server was actually still online and all sites were up.
It's rather known that monitoring systems can be less than perfect. You're not the only host to complain about it.