Can someone give me some feedback about this hosting company?

EtaCloudTech

Hello everyone,

We launched this hosting company Eta Cloud Tech, can someone give some feedback, we ran a lot of ads, but for the moment no one bought our hosting.

Every kind of feedback will be appreciated, we will listen to your feedback.

I can't speak for your ads targeting too much. YOu may want to look at insights to see who you were competing with, did you have a good ctr? If you did that means people looked and found a "better" service. It may be that you just targeted the wrong audience and even if you do target the right audience GoDaddy will be there too....

This brings me to the website the first thing you advertise is Godaddy (partnership or not) so my first instinct is to compare you to Godaddy.

Shoppers will always compare and you are leading them right to a big brand name competition. Even if they don't buy from Godaddy they've been on Godaddy's site thanks to you.

And now they're getting remarketing ads on YouTube and all over the show from Godaddy.

Your site was also slow to load.

Most of us who resell will do so with something extra, development time, customer support etc ect something that's hard for the big company to offer.

Your prices are also low... maybe too low this makes me skeptical of the quality of your hosting.

From a design point of view, Godaddy shows happy people a pretty website that showcases reviews and specials making it seem like a great service/product that everybody loves. Your website is mostly black and white and words and looks like it was thrown together (no offence meant).

If I were you I would look to hire a designer and marketing expert to tailor your design and content to sell better.

I don't mean to be a party pooper, dream killer or hope spoiler, but the problem I have with your website upon landing on it is a GoDaddy name plastered front and center. Does GoDaddy really force partner websites to have their logo displayed like this and their name mentioned all over the description? That makes for a very challenging selling environment, because it takes away any character and individuality you, as a company, may be able to offer potential clients. Pricing aside, why would anyone place an order from a brand new outfit when they can just go and do so directly with GoDaddy?

When you say you ran a lot of ads, what does that look like?
Have you considered relaunching under a reseller package, but have your own stamp on the site/service, so that prospects have a feeling they are actually dealing with the source?

I don't mean to be a party pooper, dream killer or hope spoiler, but the problem I have with your website upon landing on it is a GoDaddy name plastered front and center. Does GoDaddy really force partner websites to have their logo displayed like this and their name mentioned all over the description? That makes for a very challenging selling environment, because it takes away any character and individuality you, as a company, may be able to offer potential clients. Pricing aside, why would anyone place an order from a brand new outfit when they can just go and do so directly with GoDaddy?

When you say you ran a lot of ads, what does that look like?
Have you considered relaunching under a reseller package, but have your own stamp on the site/service, so that prospects have a feeling they are actually dealing with the source?
Thats what I said :unsure:😆. You just articulated it way better, for this, I will like your post.

Thank you for all the feedback! it was my idea to display the partnership image of GoDaddy and make the prices lower so customers can choose to buy from my website instead of GoDaddy.

Thank you @PeterShene
Thank you @Artashes

I'll do some important changes on the website
I see that is an interesting approach. I don't believe you are a big enough brand to do that. Remember clients perceive more value in bigger brands, that's why you pay tons of cash for a pair of Nikes. So yes Godaddy is a few dollars more expensive but its Godaddy, its a "good trusted company with a great product" and "if they're this big they surely must know what they are doing". This is what users think. Sometimes it's also not good to sell too cheap, it can make things look suspicious. You should read up a little about pricing psychology it is very interesting. Im my mind being a smaller company you could probably take the time to give a bit more care to customers and what they need, again dev time, "managed hosting" or whatever. Something Goddy can't do. I would play on that.

Who is your target customer?

As already mentioned, GoDaddy for those who are well versed with the hosting industry know to avoid them. If you're trying to place adverts where this type of customer base is likely to see your adverts then it's probably a waste of time in my opinion.

GoDaddy is aimed more towards those who don't have a web presence, and who want a web presence that can make their own website with a drag and drop site builder... as well as those who don't know their past history and to avoid them.

If you want to stick with providing GoDaddy services, then as mentioned, offer something they don't offer and make sure you're targeting the correct type of customer.

Ok - so here's the brutal stuff;
Godaddy Logo - dump it, as others have pointed out why
The first thing I get on your site is promotion for "High Quality Cloud Servers" but I'm immediately given Domain Registration pricing?

Then I get hit with white on black text (very hard to read for most people)

Then we get selet your hosting plans (4 options), no problem with 4 options
Then a website builder
Then 4 more hosting options where "best value" is listed again, but you already highlighted "best value" on the hosting - maybe choose a different word?

Then a wall of text about who you are
Then a section about why I need a site
And a section about why I need to use the website builder.

Basically, there's too much happening on the one page - I'm being led to too many different things at once.

For the website builder, as much as I like writing and reading text, clients don't. You need an image or animation about the website builder, and then link to a detailed page promoting that aspect of things.

As far as the ads run and nobody buying, you'll need to find out who you targeted, did they visit the site, what did they do when they were there, etc. Also, depending on the advertising platform, that can play a factor. And of course, how much you spent on advertising and the targeting of keywords or subjects will be a HUGE factor. Running advertising and spending $50 in ads, is much different than spending $500, and that's way different than $5,000. So all of that needs to be evaluated and determined if the right target was used. It's not something I'm looking for you to discuss publicly, but you will likely want to review things yourself.

I know I am from France so there it must be a little laggy, but hell, the website is sloooow to load. I can see with the source code that you are using Wordpress, you would need to optimize your plugins (or at least trying to do it...)
Have you never thinked to setup a cache? Also I see you are on Cloudflare, so it must be very easy to setup a edge cache on the Cloudflare's servers. Just do a rule on the Cloudflare dashboard of the pages/assets that needs to be cached, and that's it. I insist on that because it's impressive how the website is slow.
Also I saw that you got a domain checker. I think you would need to add an invisible recaptcha on this part of the website. Some NIC (like AFNIC) can ban your IP if you do too many whois to see if the domain is registered or not, and precisely a person with bad intentions can launch a lot of domain availability searchs in order to disturb your website.

So, I also see you host VPS/dedicated. Do you have your own infrastructure, or do you resell from somewhere? Maybe you do a colocation on a datacenter? I hope there are backups of the VPS, and stored on another location.

The thing that is ironic is that you quote that you are using nginx caching on your web hosting offers, but you website is REALLY laggy. Please do something about that, I insist.

I think that's all I can say from now.