Can this be done?

EvilHaider

Let me see if I can explain what I want to do correctly.

I have 2 domains: internetmaniacs.com and scriptmaniacs.com

What I want to do is create a subdomain called "script" or "scripts" for internetmaniacs.com so it looks like scripts.internetmaniacs.com

What I then want to do is make it so that when someone types in www.scriptmaniacs.com it takes them to scripts.internetmaniacs.com

Can this be done? If yes, how exactly would I go about doing it? (I have CPanel and WHM)

Also, another question is that. I'm purchasing a script online that I'm going to use on this "scriptmaniacs" site. It's sort of a directory listings type script much like yahoo directory or hotscripts.com I'm told by the person selling me the script that it comes w/ an install file that I can run to create the databases and whatnot. I might be interested in creating another subdomain on internetmaniacs.com for something else and use this same script on that subdomain as well. Would it be reasonable to assume I should be able to install the script properly on both subdomains w/o problems (I realize it may not even be possible to answer that question w/o looking at the script and its install file :) so if this is the case, just tell me).

What I might end up doing is not do the subdomain thing and just keep the 2 domains I want w/ the same script separated so there's no conflicts in installing the database, etc.

I have to spend quite a lot of time customizing the script so I'm trying to minimize any complications to save myself the time.

Thanks.

- Create a subdomain "scripts" with whatever you plan to have there.

Then, you either:

Launch scriptmaniacs site with its index page automatically redirecting traffic to scripts.domainname.com OR

You forward the domain to that subdomain area from your domain registrar's web site. Some registrars offer free forwarding feature.

Best,

You can also do the redirection yourself.
Use the add on domains feature in Cpanel. After you create your sub domain for internetmaniacs.com you can add on the scriptmaniacs domain. Then under "manage add on domains" you can redirect it to your sub domain.

Yer, the easiest way to do what you are asking is to setup a redirection which can be done via your cPanel. Very easy to edit and manage. A nice tool.