champion host

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have attached the screenshots of all 3 sites and circled the copied parts so you can see what I'm talking about.

First, they stole the big image with the customer rep and the InterSurge logo in the background with the words "Powerful web hosting with professional service", "Find out how we do it", "See what our customers think", etc.

Underneath that image on champion host are 3 paragraphs, starting with "Not satisfied with your current hosting solution? Champion Host provides quality hosting services starting from $7.95 a month. Have your website hosted on quality servers, and have great support staff at hand." Those 3 paragraphs were ripped straight from CentrisWeb's homepage. Also take a look at the text on champion host's Hosting, eCommerce, Resellers, and Contact pages and compare them to the pages on CentrisWeb, and you will notice that the text is exactly the same except for where they replaced CentrisWeb's name with champion host.

Attachments

• championhostrip.jpg
    championhostrip.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 26
Yeah, damn thief is right. :judge:

It's not like they stole the entire design, but it is still upsetting to see someone else use your company's graphics or text without permission, especially when it is a blatant rip like this. What is also frustrating is that their provider, Rackshack, is not doing anything about it, even though we have contacted their abuse department several times and spoken to people there on the phone and at their chat room.

ya thats a rip

YA that is a blatent rip of an image they didn't even alter it in any way just cut and paste onto their site. same with the text. I can't understand why they would even use someone elses wording??

I mean comeon it's not that hard to come up with some origional BS stuff to say on your site. So they must be really stupid if they had to even rip the text.

My first thought when I see a 'ripped' site is:

Does the webmaster really know what they are doing? Do they know that they are shooting themselves in the foot. I had once heard from someone that they did this just to gain attention. Well in my eyes, bad attention is worse than no attention.

A lot of people believe that they will not get caught. However, some of them do not even take the time to change ANY wording... not even links sometimes. I have had images stolen from my site, and they even left it so that the image was being lifted right off my server. Well, one look at the referral logs and they were caught.

Just my .02

Eric

Yes remardis,

I have seen my images used on other sites and when I looked at the sites source code or even my logs I notice they did not even cut and paste the image all they did was link right to the image on my server. Although I have only had that happen once.

My thoughts when I see a ripped site is one this is obviously someone who must not know who to make a good site themselves so they just rip one. Not caring about getting cought.
Sorta like a kid who takes money out of their mothers pocket they no they shouldn't but they can not make their own so they steal it.

if a person can't even make their own site even a "so-so" site I can't imagen how they are running their servers. I would not trust someone like that. It shows they are unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.