co.cc domain and .info

.info is not a free domain, but it has good value, especially for industries like real estate (selling a house with its own information page).

But free domain extensions (including even cheap .info) usually don't get high search engine ranking because they attract a lot of spammers (or "SEO professionals" as some of them like to call themselves) who take advantage.

For SEO reasons, you should stick to .com, .net and .org. If you're not worried about search engine rank and SEO, go for it.

I have found an excellent web design related site that uses .ag web address. Dot-Info is definitely good. I wouldn't go for co.cc unless the domain was exceptional.

Hello,
The registration of a domain name is still a challenge facing many people who want to own a website. The reason why it seems to be a challenge is that there is much information one needs to know. It is not just getting any name and letting it to be your unique business brand. One has to do his research well or else he may end up getting a poor quality website name.

There are many websites that provide rich information about all you ought to know about domains. If you browse the correct website, it will start explaining to you from the introduction part as to what they are. It will go further telling you about; how to determine its good qualities, how to select a good company to register it with, how to go about if your desired name is already registered etc.

But the big question is: how do you register it? I tell you that it's not a difficult procedure. It does not take much time and you will be surprised that it will take you about fifteen minutes. This will be so provided everything is in order. First you need to access the internet. You need to do some research using the search engine. Here you will be browsing websites that offer domain name registration services.

Don't go with .co.cc or .tk or any other free domain services. If you want to get good ranking, stick to .com, .org, .net. Most people are used to .com or .net domains. It will look weird to most people if you start a business .co.cc

if ur looking for a cheap domain hosting use co.cc. but if ur gonna use it for business don't cheap out. domains are cheap 10-15 bucks a year.. come on!

id rather go for .info than a .co.cc . But if you really want your site to succeed then buy a .com or .net domain most users wont remember your domain as .info and they could even type in domain.info.com

I suggest you try getting a .com domain first, if it's not available try getting something similar, if still not available then try a .net or .org domain.

A .info domain could work depending on the type of site and your purpose with it.

The only time I would really buy a .info domain is when I have information up on the site about another site launching soon witch will def. be on a .com or .net domain.

Personally, I think that .co.cc domains look unprofessional. Regardless of what sort of website you have, I think getting one of the major TLDs is the way to go

Another thing to take into consideration is that most free domains (co.cc, tk, etc..) Can make fraud detection services go haywire...

I use .co.cc for my site. I haven't used a commercial domain yet so I don't know what the SEO differences are