Colocation Questions

oswazi

Just a little curious as to where all the colo'ers are housing their equipment and what kind of bandwidth...and why you are with them (little shameless plug..hehe).

Residing With:

Level(3) communications, Chicago,IL
Currently on a 10Mbps unmetered fixed pipe (coloquest)
Been with Level(3) For the last 7 years, and have experianced nothing but satisfaction and excellent uptimes.

Let me know where you all are....

:D

I cant even do colo anywhere near me because theres only one datacentre that I have heard of, never seen it, thats even close to me, and its private :(

I would like the option to do colo with somewhere which is near but Ireland isnt the best place to house a DC with the bandwidth costs.

Would costs a lot more than in the states

yah i see what you mean...there are alot of options though here in the states, bandwidth prices at Tier1 facilities are getting better everyday with the amount of competition that currently circulates the market...the lustre was kid of losat when the markets tumbled and all these new datacenters were out of clients, but now they are basically tryin to cover ground and offers good deals. I don't know what connectivity issues you experiance in Ireland, but you might want to look at the current schemes if needing colo, i got a sweet deal with the 10Mbps pipe that i'm currently on, so check it out and let me know if you need any help with pricing.

The cost of bandwidth in the Uk is a lot higher than in the US, if you check for hosting/dedicated servers in the UK you will notice that the price is higher, I think in Ireland it would be even more.

I cant even do colo simply because there are no datacentres here, I dont think I ahve the knowledge, time or money to build a DC myself in Ireland either. It wouldnt bring in much money from other hosts either to be honest as its so much cheaper to get a dedicated in the US.

its a pittty really because I would love to have a DC near me, even if it cost more I would get at least one server there for sites im hosting that are mainly for a UK/ireland audience.