**************.com - any experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will write no more, demanting you all the time has no sence at all - it beginns to be flooding/flaming.

Thanks for your efforts anyway... :banned:

Berry said:
I will write no more, demanting you all the time has no sence at all - it beginns to be flooding/flaming.

Thanks for your efforts anyway... :banned:

Glad that you will not write anymore nonsence/framing (CP), not to say all was nonsence. We did have Typos on our redesigned site. As we stated on our news page. And you helped us catch them. I thank you for that. And hope you enjoy HD and your new hosts.

Cya! :banned:

Berry, I must add that any competent host would in no way see you as a potential client to avoid. You did nothing wrong in your search for a host. You were actually much smarter in your search than the majority of people in need of hosting. You considered factors other than just the price and you demanded a certain level of quality that you felt that you could not receive at a particular host. Because of the massive number of hosts out there, you need to be very strict in your expectations and desires from a hosting company, and you were able to narrow down your search to a host that you felt comfortable with in a long term hosting situation. Hopefully you will not be disappointed in your experience with your new host and your comments may be something that Robotical World should take into consideration as constructive criticism to better their company and provide a higher level of service. I hope that you'll stick around and let us know about your experience with your new host.

How is RWH BAD?

senten
Dragonlordgod said:
Glad that you will not write anymore nonsence/framing (CP), not to say all was nonsence. We did have Typos on our redesigned site. As we stated on our news page. And you helped us catch them. I thank you for that. And hope you enjoy HD and your new hosts.

Cya! :banned:
RWH is probably one of the best hosts I have ever used. Although their technical support maybe sometimes a bit slow, but that's better than submitting a "help ticket" and waiting 4 days for your support! And they may have a few typos, but thats normal too! I remember on msnbc.com the associated press accidentily had a "subliminal message" in one of their sentences about a suicide bombings in Israel (talk about revising :p), and its not like theres a spellcheck built for web-designing. But whats even more destructive, Berry and the rest of you that deny RWH, is to even bring this up. I have used many webhosts in my 7 years experience with the internet (IRC servers, gameservers, protocols, webdesigning, etc) and this host, besides this other that I have used but charges a little more and arent exactly user friendly, is one of the best hosts I have used. They appear professional when you get support, but really after a while of their management, your cooperation and they really are good hosts. They have more patience than a rock. They'll practicly sit through your problems on AIM or MSN until they can find out exactly what you, or what, did wrong and how to fix it. They even help you outside of hosting! I.E., my old hosts forget to unsubscribe me from paypal therefore "stealing" $25 of mine whereas "Robo" from RWH offered to step and take care of the situation, where all I have to do is change my account password. Another time when I was a little ticked off when they said I couldn't do certain things with my gameservers and DNS, they patiently were explaining why and offered a discounted upgrade to my account, which I agreeably took. But as far as I know, RWH is a great host and shouldn't be commented this way. They may have some cons, but sure of hell have a large load of pros!

MOD NOTE: Set up signature in User CP: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/usercp.php?.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been working with RWH whenever they needed a small php script for this and that, or stats scripts for one of their gameservers. My webserver that I run on my home connection has been getting far too much traffic, so I needed another place to put a lot of high traffic media. Recently I started renting some webspace from them and I can honestly say I have no complaints. Great speed, great one-on-one support when I need it, and best of all, amazing prices. I started off with their 'Standard Plan' ($1.49/month for 1gb webspace 10gb bandwidth), and recently upgraded to their Power Plan ($3 something per month, 2gb storage, 20gb bandwidth).

Transactions are made easy with paypal , and I could easily use my domain I already owned with the DNS service I already pay for somewhere else. I have been weeding out the people who I have been hosting for free, and referring them to RWH for webhosting and Soldat (game) Servers. Nothing but good things to be heard from any of them. P3s0n is one of them that I referred to RWH, and you can see what he has to say already.

Definately a great webhost for any needs, incredible flexibility. Although they are small now, that works to the customer's advantage in many ways. I have always looked forward to the growth of RWH, so come join in and help a growing company get off on the right foot.

edit: I have no URL for the site hosted there, I just host files to take the load off of my home connection

Last edited:
Thanks. A client URL is always useful because you can see the true performance of the servers. Some hosts are a bit tricky and host their own sites somewhere and client sites somewhere else.

Xcel_Hosting said:
Thanks. A client URL is always useful because you can see the true performance of the servers. Some hosts are a bit tricky and host their own sites somewhere and client sites somewhere else.
I perfectly know where you are going. But may I add that, after I get the maintenance of my site up I have in mind of becoming a webhost reseller of RWH to help myself raise money to buy parts needed to build myself a gamers computer :). My webserver may lag a bit, but thats because I have two soldat servers running off the same box.

Dragonlordgod said:
We did not spam you. Didn't I explain this to you before? You never even used our services before, so we could not be your bad lists. Just like if someone uses your services to spam. It's not your problem. It's the client's problem. You never used our services, so this review is :crash:. Do not make comments about our host, when you do not know the situation and have not used your services before. This could easily happen to anyone.

-Robo

How does someone not using your services have anything to do with you spamming them?
Why do you mislead people about your "datacenter"

Where did these people come from who have never posted here before but suddenly came here to support you?

There are a lot of questions to be answered from this thread. Instead of being defensive why not address some of them. It would make you look a little more professional and perhaps give people confidence in your company.

Blue said:
How does someone not using your services have anything to do with you spamming them?
Why do you mislead people about your "datacenter"

Where did these people come from who have never posted here before but suddenly came here to support you?

There are a lot of questions to be answered from this thread. Instead of being defensive why not address some of them. It would make you look a little more professional and perhaps give people confidence in your company.
This isnt my problem to respond, but we are supporting him because some inconsiderates are trying to pointlessly ruin RWH's reputation causing them to most likely close down. And the valued clients who have used RWH for a long period of time do not want these things to occur. And the reason why I havent ever come here before was because I never heard of hostingdiscussion.com :). And the thing about Berry claiming RWH spammed them was most likely because he signed up on RWH's newsletter which weekly gets sent for updates, etc. They are not a spamming company and we all dread that.

I don't see any of the information of this thread as anybody purposely trying to ruin a company's reputation. An honest potential client posted experiences. Take them for what they're worth. Any company that can't accept a bad review as a chance for change and improvement, doesn't have much of a future.

Xcel_Hosting said:
I don't see any of the information of this thread as anybody purposely trying to ruin a company's reputation. An honest potential client posted experiences. Take them for what they're worth. Any company that can't accept a bad review as a chance for change and improvement, doesn't have much of a future.
You are absolutely right for that, and I agree with you. But if it hadn't occurred to you that it has happened where one childish bad review happens, a whole argument can start. If you had heard of the saying "Give him a inch and he'll take a mile" you'll understand exactly where I am getting at. If anything stands in the way of something I use and greatful that RWH's services even exists, as childish as the review may be, it still matters. And Berry had no experiences with RWH therefore couldnt possibly had any reason at all posting such an "experience".

Last edited:
And Berry had no experiences with RWH therefore couldnt possibly had any reason at all posting such an "experience".
In this thread, Berry was asking for experiences, not giving one. Berry simply wanted to hear what other people had to say about this host.

Berry certainly did have experience with the RWH. Maybe not the services in particular, but that is not all that matters in a business. The communication between client (or potential client) and employee is vital to the success of a sale or business as a whole. The pre-sales stage of business is just as important as delivering the product and it appears that the company has failed in that respect in this particular case. Again, this is a learning opportunity. I don't see this as damaging to the company's reputation as one bad review can only go so far. One bad word out of a hundred doesn't mean that a host will fail. Hosts get bad reviews all of the time. It is impossible to please everybody. As Bill Cosby said, "I don't know the key to sucess, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody". (This is one of my favorite quotes and has proved to be true time and time again)

He said it in a rude way, if he could of said it a more formal way, that would be better. If he did, this wouldn't have happened. :agree: I accept improvements all of the time. You can ask anyone that has deal with us. And told us in a nice and polite way. :thumbup: We all are not perfect.

Last edited:
webfreak08 said:
In this thread, Berry was asking for experiences, not giving one. Berry simply wanted to hear what other people had to say about this host.
I had simply used what Xcel_Hosting had said as a replyment:
Xcel_Hosting said:
An honest potential client posted experiences.

Xcel_Hosting said:
Berry certainly did have experience with the RWH. Maybe not the services in particular, but that is not all that matters in a business. The communication between client (or potential client) and employee is vital to the success of a sale or business as a whole. The pre-sales stage of business is just as important as delivering the product and it appears that the company has failed in that respect in this particular case. Again, this is a learning opportunity. I don't see this as damaging to the company's reputation as one bad review can only go so far. One bad word out of a hundred doesn't mean that a host will fail. Hosts get bad reviews all of the time. It is impossible to please everybody. As Bill Cosby said, "I don't know the key to sucess, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody". (This is one of my favorite quotes and has proved to be true time and time again)
Quotes do always prove points. In my say, RWH has not failed in delivering "the pres-sales stage" upon Berry. Berry simply is a childish fool who is simply irritated that a US webhosting company only accepts and uses PayPal for obvious reasons. Hadn't Berry gotten irritated and decided to "get back" at RWH by posting unreasonable posts to make him "feel special" inside. IF Berry had simply requested that RWH to support 2checkout then this problem would've been resolved. But instead of the fact, Berry took his way in a negative way. No wrong can make a right, and what Berry has did was wrong. He didn't gain anything from this and most likely never will by the way he is taking this burden.

p3s0n said:
You are absolutely right for that, and I agree with you. But if it hadn't occurred to you that it has happened where one childish bad review happens, a whole argument can start. If you had heard of the saying "Give him a inch and he'll take a mile" you'll understand exactly where I am getting at.

I am not saying that Berry was absolutely right in this situation. The payment issue is completely understandable and as a host, I understand that money orders can begin to become an accounting nightmare, but the response issues and the way that he was responded to in this thread I see as inappropriate and unprofessional.

p3s0n said:
And the reason why I havent ever come here before was because I never heard of hostingdiscussion.com :).

So how did you suddenly hear about HostingDiscussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.