Considering Numerous Domains

First Timer

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone, my name is Chris, and this is in fact my first post in the Hosting Discussion forum. This section immediately caught my eye as I am currently wanting to build my own gaming site similar to the popular common large sites known as 1up.com, gamespot.com, ign.com and so on (I believe it'd be okay if I mentioned those as the majority of the internet knows of them anyways) as if you were to type, "Gears of War" into Google for example, you're more than likely to get one of those sites to show up in the first page.

Anyways, I would like to eventually have a game site like one of those sites - but easier to navigate and so on so forth, but I don't want to have your regular or stereotypical domain name as in game....(dot)com or .....game(dot)com type thing. Everything (or almost) has "game" in the first part of the domain. I'd like something unique, yet still able to have people knowing that it's a game site - I hope that makes sense.

Oh, and I hope I posted this in the right section as well.

Thank you very much for your help as well.

Anyways, I would like to eventually have a game site like one of those sites - but easier to navigate and so on so forth, but I don't want to have your regular or stereotypical domain name as in game....(dot)com or .....game(dot)com type thing. Everything (or almost) has "game" in the first part of the domain. I'd like something unique, yet still able to have people knowing that it's a game site - I hope that makes sense.
Why don't you want use gamename.com without any game prefixes?

Here's an idea

I can understand why you want a more unique name but keep in mind that the SEO experts agree that using your main keyword in your site domain gives you an edge when it comes to organic search traffic. However it doesn't necessarily have to be game - I'm sure other keywords may work well, too.

I like play2win.com myself...lol.

You can even use any potential keywords/terminology related to Game just for example MassivelyMultiplayer, strategyplayers and so on..

You can even use any potential keywords/terminology related to Game just for example MassivelyMultiplayer, strategyplayers and so on..
That is idea I allways follow up, but at the same time that is a problem, because for dotCOM all good names were taken several years ago

Sorry about the long break between responding to this (and sorry for posting the thread in the wrong forum by the way).

But (directed at chatterbox), could you elaborate the "organic search traffic"? I've never actually heard that term being used before.