cost of cpanel & plesk

maggot05

hey,

im just curious, how much does it cost to get a linence for a site manager like cpanel or plesk?

would it hurt my businness if i use a cheapier site manager program?

Lifetime cpanel license is around $1250.

If you are planning on using a reseller plan, usually comes with a control panel included. If renting a server most places can offer it for around $30/month.

Monthly fee varies from $9.95 to $75/mo depending on which datacenter offers it. Most offer it as cats-computing mentioned it around $30/mo.

well im not getting it anytime soon, im just checking around so i know what choices to make when i do get my hosting biz up sometime this fall :)

if anyone has any advice for me just pm me adn im willing to listen and learn ;)

You can find a monthly cPanel license for $55-60 a month. Still expensive but a little less then some were quoting above.

I am not sure on plesk licenses. You best bet is to check with your datacenter and see if they offer reduced prices. Many of them offer it special for their customers at around $10-$30 a month.

maggot05 said:
well im not getting it anytime soon, im just checking around so i know what choices to make when i do get my hosting biz up sometime this fall :)

if anyone has any advice for me just pm me adn im willing to listen and learn ;)
My advice for you is to take as much time as you need. It will pay off in the end if you take it nice and slow. I like the fact that your tieing up all the loose ends before you run straight into the hosting market.

As far as control panel, it is a personal preference. I would go with a control panel that you feel is the best for you. After using plesk for several years I have found it to be one of the easiest control panels out there. But I have also found out that hosting clients that are familiar with control panels normally request for Cpanel. To be safe I would start off with Cpanel then adopt Plesk to tackle both of the markets. You will be happy that you did!

You should try to evaluate as many control panels before you make your choice.
Although they all do the same thing you will find that they do it in very different ways.

well currently my host has me on plesk, which is very good, i like it. i also has been on a ensim cp and that was ok.

though i havent used cpanel yet to really see what everyone says about it(and i hear that cpanel is very good)

but if i have the $$, im planning on giving the customer the choice of plesk or cpanel, but ill see what i can afford when i decide im good $ wise to get my host biz up.

though my first plan to be a reseller and run a dedicated server until i think i can host under my own power.

though i also want to be a php/mysql freelancer, coding programs for people.

Plesk is nice but addons can add up. The WYSIWYG editor is $99 (free w/cpanel). The language packs are like $50 each. (you can get them free for cpanel from most webhosts or cpanel forums). I would still vote plesk though, less bugs and a nicer interface.