Could You Critique My New Website, Thanks Everyone!

londonmoon

Okay, I redid my banner logo to fit my new website that talks about blogging. The content is structured similar to the text inside of an E-Book. I need your suggestions and feedback on what you think of the idea, thanks in advance friends. Here's my website:

howtostartablog.cc

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Your site looks neat. However, there is too much text and almost no images. Please add some eye catchy images.

Hmm.. Let's see. It's good, because it has a lot of text, but that's also the bad. The first time I opened the site, I felt overwhelmed and immediately got the feeling "I don't want to read all this".

As suggested by Tecsys, I would add some images (even if they're stock), to break up the text a little bit.

You have several chapters, and you talk about blogging. Why not chop up the 10 first chapters in blog posts, each a chapter. That way, you can create easy pagination and get people to come back.
For example. Every day (you can schedule this in WordPress), post 1 article. Have an excerpt on the front page of the chapter and a "read more" to the rest of the article. At the end of each article, explain in 1 sentence what's coming in the next chapter.

That way, your home page is chopped up into bite-size pieces and get people to come back the next days to read the other chapters.

Then, there's the design. Blue is a safe colour to build a website with, but it might give off the wrong vibe for your target audience. Check out this image about colour usage by big brands: http://blog.bufferapp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/color-guide.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting