coupon sites?

Julio

Hello,

I just started my hosting site about maybe going on 2 weeks now and I noticed that 2 coupon sites already have my site listed with the coupon code that I am offering.

How are they able to do this? also are they getting paid in anyway? Also could it be that they get paid from the MASTER host?

They get the information from various forums and websites where you have posted the coupons and offers. I don't think they are harmful.

Scraping (as suggested by Calvin) is common and shouldn't be too much of a concern. It's in their interest to find those coupons so they can drive traffic to their site so they can sell advertising.

Fingers crossed that it might lead to a sale for you.

Scraping (as suggested by Calvin) is common and shouldn't be too much of a concern. It's in their interest to find those coupons so they can drive traffic to their site so they can sell advertising.

Fingers crossed that it might lead to a sale for you.
Agreed, so long as the advertising on their site doesn't draw negative attention from Google, putting you in a bad neighborhood.

Do you have any affiliate program? I think they will earn via your affiliate program by sharing your coupons, like me doing :)

This is a very common model.

What these websites do is scrape the Internet looking for coupons. If they notice that your coupon is attracting traffic they will look for a affiliate program and look to make a commission from sales.

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion, I am biast myself as I own such a website (although I do everything manually including 100% unique content). But some large companies do not like coupon websites as it can be abused.

So it's nothing to worry about, it can also create a good vibe around your business.

The only time you have to worry is if you have an affiliate program. What will happen is people will naturally google for a coupon when they see the promo/coupon field on your order form.

Your customers will then click on the coupon link on the coupon site even if there is no legitimate coupon available in order to cookie their affiliate link on your customers browser which will give them the referral even though they actually didn't refer them.

When this happens they are pretty much "hijacking" the commission from the real referral who sent them to your site as most affiliate programs have it set on "last to refer" as the beneficiary of the commission.