cPanel VPS Optimized - sounds good

Rob

Have any of you received the email from cPanel about this?

It sounds great - less memory usage on VPS machines!!!

If you have not received the email I have posted it below:

cPanel VPS Optimized is a new version of cPanel / WHM specifically designed to run on Virtual Private Servers. cPanel VPS Optimized provides the feature rich functionality of cPanel / WHM while reducing memory usage by up to 60% on VPS instances.

cPanel VPS Optimized represents a great step forward for cPanel customers. The reduction in memory usage for each install allows web hosts the ability to host more domains per virtual machine. This increase enables hosts to provide a more efficient and eco-friendly server base with fewer physical machines.

The upgrade to cPanel VPS optimized will require no interaction. Once cPanel VPS Optimized has reached the build tree on your server, automatic updates ( or manual) will upgrade the current cPanel / WHM installation to a cPanel VPS Optimized installation. cPanel VPS Optimized is currently only in EDGE builds.

Information about cPanel VPS optimized can be found at: http://www.cpanel.net/products/cpvps/

Same control panel, same features, but uses 60% less memory?

Why is this only for VPS's then? Seems to me like this should be the standard.

It should be yes - I wonder if it will work on dedicated? Then again it may not because its optimized for vps.

yeah this is great, when we install new vps with new cpanel and we found vps optimized on cpanel image header

when we sold a client a vps like that they did not like it becuase there customers knew they were on a vps and the person who had vps requested it to be changed,

It should be yes - I wonder if it will work on dedicated? Then again it may not because its optimized for vps.

The good thing about us optimizing the product for VPS systems is that we also have had the opportunity to optimize the product in dedicated server environments as well. We aren't widely publicizing the optimizations on dedicated servers since they aren't as noticeable.

VPS Optimization is primarily to reduce memory consumption. However, on dedicated servers, memory consumption is not much of an issue so those optimizations are not as necessary. However, if you desire to run your dedicated server as VPS Optimized, drop cPanel a support ticket and our technical analysts can do that for you.

David,

So far so good, it appears CPanel is running a lot better with VPS Optimized. I wish we could edit the image though.

Also, when will the bug be fixed where it shows we are running Virtuozzo on the CPanel instance when we are not?

So far so good, it appears CPanel is running a lot better with VPS Optimized. I wish we could edit the image though.

While I dont personally recommend changing the logos, you can change them.

Go through WHM and go down to branding. Click on x3, chose "Edit this style" under the [root] branding style. Then choose Edit logos, and upload the logo I provided with this post.

If you want to change the WHM branding logo, look here using SSH:

/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/x/logo.jpg
/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/x/logo_vps.jpg

Attachments

• top-logo.png
    top-logo.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 13
VPS Optimized is great. Working really well with all my servers. Clients couldn't be happier with performance and less memory usage.

Same here, VPS optimized has been great, and now its mainstream its even better and fixes are coming out constantly to make it more stable.