Curious about IIS and Apache

EvilHaider

I was wondering how can you run both .NET and PHP side by side on the same machine. On my home machine I have IIS setup to run ASP and .NET applications, and I have Apache setup and also PHP. I think only 1 can work at the default port 80 at one time. Is there anyway to have both working at the same time?

In a hypothetical scenario. Let's say I buy a dedicated server from RackShack with Windows as the OS because I want to run .NET applications. I also want to install PHP and have that available since that is a very popular scripting language and there are many scripts written in PHP that I'd also like to use. Is there a way I can make this work? Ideally I'd like to be able to run both .NET applications and php scripts side by side on the same webserver.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

While i'm not running .net. I do run both PHP and ASP side by side on the same windows server ...

just use php for winodws and install it to iis..

You dont need a pache to run php and mysql.

Thanks for the responses. Xbodyguard: if you can run ASP, then running ASP.NET with PHP should not be a problem. Bluebellpeople: thanks for the URL, I'll check it out :)

Just as a side note here ...

I dont believe all php functions will run on the window machine.

Or rather I have come aross some "programs" from hot scripts, written in php specificall for a *nix *bsd environment that wont run correctly on the windows box.

I'm sure with tweaking ans messing around they can work..

but I'm not a programer ... haha