Datacenters not to go with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keston E.

For those of you who are going to purchase a server with ev1, managed.com, don't so far I have experienced nothing but trouble with both of the datacenters network ev1 is more stable but managed.com has better pricing. I give both of them a 2 out of 5 don't waist your time with these dedicated providers go with some one else.

What problems have you had with EV1.
They are one of the best dedicated providers in the business, unless you need a lot of support.

I disagree with the managed.com network remark. Sure you cant be a complete uber n00ber and expect to run a box from them. I have a box with them and it runs just beautiful. Of course this wouldnt have been possible w/o my fine sysadmin.

I dont think luck has anything to do with it. no insults intended. but your system is only as good as your sysadmin. The first couple o days were rough but after that everthing is fine so far.

i agree with managed being a place to stay away from. Since about January the network has seemed like it is very poor and unstable... i know a few people that have pulled 5 or 10 servers from there.

When that network was up it was really starting to slow down.

I believe Managed.com have made a few mistakes which just gave them a bit of a bad wrap.

They used to be very unstable, but nowdays are getting lots of good reviews.

Well i been with managed.com almost a month now and still no problems. So IMO they got the green lite so far.

i do like some of their prices but I am still scared to go with them. Lets hope they can keep up with good news instead of bad news.

A friend of mine is having a server at EV1 and never had any problems. His server is running flawlessly since late 2002.

Chris

I switched from nocster to managed.com. Managed is a DREAM!! Nocster was a NIGHTMARE!!!

So far no problems and quick response.

Almost 2 months now and still no major or minor problems. If you want to go with managed.com I would see no reason not too unless you need your hand held. If that is the case DO NOT go with managed.com

Don't waste your time! Go with ThePlanet.com. We never had any problem with them. Our uptime is 100%. They are a little bit more expensive but you can be sure your clients will stay with you.

Anybody use CalPop.com?

Does anyone have any experiences with CalPop's services? I am considering them and they seem to have great pricing and incredible backbone network. Any input or stories will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.