JerryM

Hello,

I am searching for a server. My requirements are:

CPU: At least a dual-core
RAM: 2-4GB - More if possible in my budget
Drives: 2X 250-500GB
At least 100Mbps port
cPanel
At least 13 IP's with the option for more. They will be used for SSL and Shoutcast.

Price: I am looking to stay with in $1,000/yr. but will consider offers up to $1,500/yr. Also, I always pay annually so, please make sure your offers are listed as annual.

Hello,

I am searching for a server. My requirements are:

CPU: At least a dual-core
RAM: 2-4GB - More if possible in my budget
Drives: 2X 250-500GB
At least 100Mbps port
cPanel
At least 13 IP's with the option for more. They will be used for SSL and Shoutcast.

Price: I am looking to stay with in $1,000/yr. but will consider offers up to $1,500/yr. Also, I always pay annually so, please make sure your offers are listed as annual.

Jerry - I can quote you $1500/annual for:

Quad Core Xeon X3430 2.4Ghz
4 GB RAM
1 X 750 GB 7200 RPM SATA Drive
2 TB Monthly Transfer
cPanel

With 14 IPs and a 100Mbps uplink port.

Steve

Hi Jerry - Sorry I didn't know we were actually able to give price quotes. We're actually a proud reseller of the HostDimeNOC and with us being an UN-Managed provider we're able to offer some superior pricing!

I'll be happy to offer you the following quote:
===
Intel Core i3-2100 w/HT
8GB RAM
2x 500GB 7200RPM SATA Drive
10TB Bandwidth (Monthly)
gigE (1000mbit) UP-LINK (FREE UPGRADE)
cPanel
14 IPs
===
1500USD annually or 139.99USD p/m.

Please do let us know if you have any questions or concerns, we would be happy to have you as a client.

Regards,
Tanner

Good Evening Jerry!

I have reached out to you via PM. Good luck in your search and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,
AB

I just wanted to update and say thanks to all those who have sent offers/quotes.

The turn out was a lot better than I had expected. I guess this is due to no longer dealing in IRC?

I have quite a few companies to research/review and plan to make the purchase no later than the 15th. I will still be accepting offers up to the 14th.

I will update the thread once I have made the purchase with whoever I have chosen.

Thanks again,
Jerry

Jerry,

Here's our offer;

Core i5 4x 2.66+ GHz
16 GB RAM
2 TB HDD
100 GB FTP Backup
cPanel/WHM + WHMXTRA
13 IPV4 IP's
Price : $1500 per year.

I know Shoutcast can be ran on the same IP, however, I like to think ahead. I don't like having to scramble to get more IP's when their needed. I prefer to have at least 5 IP's free at all times.

I'm sure you guys are also aware, since you made such a comment on my request. IF the client wants to run on the standard port 8000 and there is already one running on port 8000, they will need a dedicated IP.

These IP's will also be used for nameservers. Of course, name server IP's can be shared as well, but that's not how I do it.

I've been providing hosting services since 2004 so please don't post talking down to me like I don't know how things work.

IF you have an offer, feel free to post your best one, otherwise, please stop trying to up your post count.

I've been providing hosting services since 2004 so please don't post talking down to me like I don't know how things work.

IF you have an offer, feel free to post your best one, otherwise, please stop trying to up your post count.

I hope that was not aimed at me?

I don't know what you know. I can see you offer web hosting, but not shoutcast hosting. I didn't know whether you knew you could host a stream on the same IP under a different port or not until you mentioned it later on.

You never said you needed many dedicated IPs so you could run multiple streams on port 80. Obviously a different IP address is needed for that.

I found your post to be quite harsh tbh, when all I was doing was trying to be helpful. If you wasn't referring to me, then no problem.

But trust me, I never posted "IP for shoutcast just needs different port numbers" just so I could increase my post count. Was just taking part in the forum. Although I admit I could have made more effort with the sentence. I must have been doing something else and so quickly finished the reply before logging out. :)

Hello HostXNow,

Sorry, I should have been more specific. My reply was towards othellotech who decided not to post an offer but IMO was questioning my operations.

Jerry,

Based off your budget we quoted you for

CPU: Dual Intel Xeon Nocona 3.4GHz (Dual Core)
RAM: 4 GB
Hardrive: 160 GB
Bandwidth: 4 TB a month
Port: 100mbit
IPs: /29 (5 Usable)
Operating System: Linux
cPanel | WHM | 24/7 Customer Support
$1172.52 /year

Thanks,
Logan Falletta

Last edited:
Status