Designer Dudes

kabe

Any of you designer dudes still build some of your sites in Photoshop and Fireworks and slice them up?

My buddy uses Photoshop to create all his designs. I tried to get into Photoshop but I never had the knack for it.

Maybe I don't stay as current when it comes to actual web design, but what other way(s) is there to design a website? Don't you kind of have to use a graphic design software to draw your website first?

Maybe I don't stay as current when it comes to actual web design, but what other way(s) is there to design a website? Don't you kind of have to use a graphic design software to draw your website first?

That's the way we do it and most all the designers I know do it.

The reason I asked is one of my friends asked a question on another forum, we'll call it a name brand forum with guru status with the company, and she told them how we do it.

They jumped all over her and told her she was being very unprofessional if she did it that way and didn't use css.

She asked them what was there problem, you must not know how to use Photoshop or Fireworks.. I have seen some of your sites and they're so boring my monitor fell asleep.

She told them you're brainwashed code heads, get a life and come into the real world of web design but then again, you may not have the talent to be a real web designer other than write code.

She had been on the forum for a couple of years and they more or less asked her to leave the forum which she did She had contributed
a lot to the forum and it will be their loss not hers.

I told her about HD so she may be headed this way. She's smart and a very talented designer with 5 star clients.

Thanks for your reply.

kabe

Wow kabe, sorry to hear that about your friend. But, at least she is isn't wasting her time anymore on a forum that doesn't appreciate her. If she comes to HD she will always be treated with respect. One of the many things that makes HD one of the best forums out there in the web hosting/design field.

Wow kabe, sorry to hear that about your friend. But, at least she is isn't wasting her time anymore on a forum that doesn't appreciate her. If she comes to HD she will always be treated with respect. One of the many things that makes HD one of the best forums out there in the web hosting/design field.

Thanks for your input romes. I told her today she would like this forum. It's kind of laid back with no yee haw ranting going on and some good people.

My husband post on "another rather large hosting forum" and has a high post count. He recently told me it was beginning to be nothing but a rant forum and he was done with it.

It's a pity that my friend and my husband both very experienced in the industry, even though he does other thing in his business, are calling it quits because of all the cry babies out there now.

As long as I've been doing this work, just the short amount of time I've been on HD and reading I'm learning some new things.

My buddy uses Photoshop to create all his designs. I tried to get into Photoshop but I never had the knack for it.

Get it romes and learn one thing at a time about what you want to learn to do in Photoshop. Google and youtube are your friends.

The first time I saw PS..long tine ago way back when, I asked myself..what in the world is that! :uhh:

Let's just say I still have my first original disk and a 3 year old could count that high on the version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehh, not really into photoshop anymore. Right now my main focus is my book. Maybe later in life when I get time I might pick it up.

She's smart and a very talented designer with 5 star clients.

I always look at the quality of the designer and his/her portfolio rather HOW they get there or what they use to get to that result.

I always look at the quality of the designer and his/her portfolio rather HOW they get there or what they use to get to that result.

She's one of those designers that's just got the talent of design and understanding and building a site for exactly what the site needs to do for her client.

She also taught herself and it was easy for her because of her talents, no formal schooling in either.

She's one of those designers that's just got the talent of design and understanding and building a site for exactly what the site needs to do for her client.

She also taught herself and it was easy for her because of her talents, no formal schooling in either.

Just wanted to add that she'll love the atmosphere at HD, and congratulate her for being self taught. I concur that the key to great web design is understanding and building a site that exceeds the client's expectations.

Just wanted to add that she'll love the atmosphere at HD, and congratulate her for being self taught. I concur that the key to great web design is understanding and building a site that exceeds the client's expectations.

Thank you for the nice post. She's made a couple of visits to HD.

She had dinner with us last night and said HD seems like a forum of "sound mind" and she will eventually join us here.

If you feel like linking to her portfolio, feel free to. I am always on the lookout for sound designers and developers I can work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123