DO NOT SIGN UP WITH existhosting

rohanman

Hi..
recently i have signed up with the above company!
everything was looking good untill the signup completed,
then started the problems, that they had serious problems with the DNS and Apache .. where my website configuration didnt get done..
after many mails, with failures i opt out for a full refund 30 day money back guarantee (which they boasting in their site) within a week of the signup.. (my 1 year full hosting fee..)

when i wanted to cancel the service in order to look for a another reliable host,then existhosting started showing their true face..
and i was totally ignored,,, no refund was given.. and only i received a mail saying your account has been cancelled...

the phonelines being answered by a 'computer'
and never gets through to customer services.

now 3 months from now on.. still they havent given my moneyback.
and not replying to my emails...
since i used paypal to pay for the hosting, due to this falls under service category, they cannot do anything about it.. sadly it seems i lost my money!

what a host with this much dis-honesty..

please guys DO NOT signup with these guys, they are cool talking untill they get your money, and you wont get a service.,
tell your friends not to signup as well..

my only intention is to make other aware of it, & do not want anyone to fall out of pocket...just like me..
any queries please leave a message for me.

AVOID EXISTHOSTING!!!

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Is this the host in question?
http://www.existhosting.com/

Also, why not use chargeback through credit card if you started to experience problems with billing so early (a week after sign up)?

I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

Best,

Also, why not use chargeback through credit card if you started to experience problems with billing so early (a week after sign up)?

since i used paypal to pay for the hosting, due to this falls under service category, they cannot do anything about it.. sadly it seems i lost my money!

He's in a tough situation. :(

Just a general word of warning.

I read this exact same post on a different hosting forum, but just with different company "not paying up". Could be a mistake.

Ouch, you could try getting in touch with paypal although recently I believe that they've not even touch anything that was "virtual".

ouch man hope it works out for you, u sure their is like no way u can get your money.

A reliable host i have found is http://www.invisionhost.com they might hav pricy plans but they dont seem to be down much if any, my friend uses them.

ps: i'm in no way affiliated with this company just passing on some info.

I've already read about bad experience with this hoster on other forum. The guy was trying webserve.ca and existhosting and both failed. Existhosting had 5-7 hours downtimes before the guy asked for money back but never received it as I know. There was also uptime statistics for both hosters:
webserve
and
existhosting

Existhosting tech support problems

I suspect that existhost is either terribly understaffed, or just does not consider tech support to be critical.

We've had about 60-70 reseller accounts w/ them, beginning abt 2 yrs ago. We're leaving now. They never never return phone calls (except when we were first negotiating with them) and you always have to leave a message (again, except to sales in the beginning).

Likewise, they rarely return emails.

There has been downtime - perhaps not horrible, but certainly more than with our other hosting services.

They provide hsphere cpanel, but again, with little tech support. OK if you know precisely what you are doing.

They have been trying - they added a sort of tutorial/faq section last year, but it's of limited use - and certainly doesn't replace a human being when your site is down.

I can't recommend them.

JWMiller