Do Some Here OFFER Free Hosting?

The only way unlimited hosting appeals to the logic is because it is a great sounding lie that consumers have no idea about, which makes it a deceiving and an unethical way of doing business.
That's an all encompassing statement that isn't necessarily true. What percentage of prospects/clients do you surmise actually have an idea what kind of hosting they're signing onto with providers that offer unlimited plans? And I'm not addressing ethics here - just hosting literacy. :D

That's an all encompassing statement that isn't necessarily true. What percentage of prospects/clients do you surmise actually have an idea what kind of hosting they're signing onto with providers that offer unlimited plans? And I'm not addressing ethics here - just hosting literacy. :D

Sad truth is that most customers who sign up for shared hosting services are not aware of unlimited being an unrealistic offering. Otherwise, we would not be hearing people signing up on forums who complain about their site being shut down for excessive usage of resources.

I make an assumption that those who go for reseller/VPS/dedicated product lines are at least aware of the fact, as these solutions require a bit more advanced knowledge of the hosting industry, its offerings and its limitations.

When 1&1 Internet came on the North American market, they have offered 3 years of free hosting, without any obligation to continue

<MOD NOTE: Signatures must be added through user profile.>

The shared hosting plans are so cheap today, is it a big deal to get a shared hosting for $1 instead of assisting someone in their marketing strategies?

Free is only Free when there is no cost at all

Okay,

Let's define free:
Getting something for free means that you are never charged
for anything and that makes it free.

Free with a twist:
Amount you just paid them for web hosting is either not
enought to even buy the domain or there is enough money
Because of your orfer do thud instead of you making 20.00
Your now only making 11.95

Okay,

Let's define free:
Getting something for free means that you are never charged
for anything and that makes it free.

Free with a twist:
Amount you just paid them for web hosting is either not
enought to even buy the domain or there is enough money
Because of your orfer do thud instead of you making 20.00
Your now only making 11.95

Let me help you define free a little more. There are two ways to consider free. Free can be used as monetary value and free can be used as a value for everything everyone has to offer (for example, labor, other products, etc.)

From a strict monetary standpoint, if I offer you one service for free under the agreement that you sign up for something else then the price of the free item does not change. It is still free. Monetarily speaking, you will not be charged anything for the free service I offered in the beginning.

In terms of a more global, all encompassing free: You're going to have to give me something such as your word, your contract, your obligation, etc. in order to receive the monetarily free item that you're after.

There's one thing I don't agree with in reading all of your posts jmatos. One of them said that if you pay for a 12 month contract and three months are free then the service is really only worth 9 months. From an economics standpoint this statement is false. We even learned about this in our Micro\Macro classes in college. It is your obligation as a consumer to place your own value on items for sale. This is done by comparing and contrasting the differences and similarities between other items within the market. Because the quality of the service does not fluctuate with the price, the value increases. Saying the service is only as good as 9 months worth of fees instead of 12 months is contradictory to this.

Sad truth is that most customers who sign up for shared hosting services are not aware of unlimited being an unrealistic offering. Otherwise, we would not be hearing people signing up on forums who complain about their site being shut down for excessive usage of resources.
How did you determine MOST customers? I'd disagree with the link to complaints on forums as MOST satisfied clients never post to forums. :D

Satisfaction varies from person to person, if some one is getting good support and has never faced any issue in his/her unlimited hosting and it is fulfilling needs, of course he would not have any complaints about hosting.

So, it completely depends upon the hosting company you choose. A good and reliable hosting's shared plan can be enough for one.

How do you get FREE HOSTING when you PAY FOR HOSTING?

How do you get a FREE BURGER when you HAVE to PURCHASE A PIZZA?

A TRUELY FREE burger would mean that I could walk in and say Hi, I am here for the FREE BURGER! The price of the pizza has been priced to offset the price the BURGER THEY ARE SELLING. THUS IT IS NOT FREE! Man I loved my Micro economics class at ASU.

If you were looking to buy a pizza + a burger and a shop is offering a pizza + a burger (at no additional cost than you would usually pay for the Pizza), then yes you are getting a FREE burger.

In web hosting, sure one can argue that a domain name is not actually free if you have to pay for the web hosting. However if you are not being charged any extra then you would usually be charged for purchasing web hosting, then yes, you are getting a free domain name.

Going with a free host is not at all a good option because it is no reliable at all. Paid hosting is the best option ever which comes with a number of free features and the best feature is the support about your issues so you get solutions, do not get frustrated and you business would give you profit.

I am not against free hosting providers, but it's really not understandable why people choose free hosting services when monthly cost of the shared plans are almost cheaper than our daily expenses.

IMO, if your website is not able to generate a good revenue to afford minimum cost of the paid hosting, then question is why you have a website?

Do some here offer free hosting?

Hi,

Generally parties who offer free first month hosting means that the hosting is free for the first month and after that the customers are required to pay from second month onwards. This is practiced usually in order to gain confidence of customers by experiencing the services provided by web hosts so that they may continue accordingly.

However, some web hosts are business oriented rather customer oriented and they do advertisements of their services in which some ambiguity is involved that is why customers at the end have to pay for this undue activities that is being observed by web hosts.

The price of the pizza has been priced to offset the price the BURGER THEY ARE SELLING. THUS IT IS NOT FREE

1. stop SHOUTING it's BLOODY ANNOYING when try to READ your POSTS !

2. is the pizza cheaper if you dont want the burger ? no ? then it's at no _additional cost_ and therefore free :p

I started a thread the other day about FREE HOSTING WITH ADS. Many commented thier very valued and appreciated opinions about FREE hosting vs. paid hosting.

Now, I have a problem. My problem is not with your statements, but some inconsistancies. While some here appear to be against free hosting, I have noticed by looking at your websites that you OFFER A FREE month of hosting, or some other FREE FEATURES OR ITEMS.

Can you please help us out here. For those of you saying that you will give a FREE month of hosting, is this before we PAY for services? Of course if it is before we pay for services then I would agree that it is truely FREE. However if you only OFFER THE FREE 1 month or 6 month hosting after another hosting plan is purchased, I question if it is truely free, and seriously wonder how you can tell your customers that they are getting a FREE month of hosting when they have already paid you enough for 12 months of hosting????? Is this a deceptive business practice, or is commonly accepted by consumers that there is nothing FREE, and to make such a claim is simply a sales pitch to stick it too you in the pocket book.

Something to think about.

There are 2 different views when someone says free hosting;

Free Hosting : when someone actually offers you free hosting with forced ads on your website, you pay nothing here.

1 month Free hosting : for example you pay for 2 months and get the 3rd months free, it's included in what you pay your host for 2 months.

I hope this will clear your doubts about free hosting & free hosting :)

If you want a real site and want it to grow and keep visitors information secure then you want paid hosting.

Free hosting is great and only great for you self to learn how to use the feature and how to make your way about.

My point is that you (the buyer) must pay for something that is supposed to be free. It really is not FREE. The company could not offer three months of hosting without having a strategy to recoup that 3 month investment of service. NOTHING IS FREE.

Do you know of any companies that Offer you to pay one month, and get 11 months FREE?????

Nope! You know why? It is not an equitable offer. There is no possible way the company could earn 11 months out of 1 month.

11 Months of service pays for 12 months of service!

Just my opinion when a hosting company says look I will give you 3 FREE months for 12 months of service, they just told me that thier service is over priced by 3 months.

NOW I AM WORTH THE FREE BANNERS AFTER THE HARD TIME YOU HAVE BEEN GIVING ME.:shaky:

i do have to agree with the OP. If you have to fork out money then its not free. The free hosting or hamburger is offset by the cost of what you have to purchase in order to receive the so called "free item"

In my opinion, free hosting is only suitable for learning purpose. for any ecommerce purpose website, go with a paid one with no doubt.

Good Post, My top 5 Free web hosting lists would be:

1) AwardSpace
2) Free Servers
3) Doteasy
4) 0000Free
5) AgilityHoster

The bad of free hosting is you actually paying more if you get problem with it, so signing up with an affordable service is much better than free stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett