do you prefer keyword reach domain?

vlado

I need some advice about domain names!

What u think about this domain: keyword1-keyword2-keyword3.com

What is yours experience?

Well if it were something like dedicated-server-hosting , that would be great since all 3 are good keywords. It all depends on the keyword in my opinion.

It all depends on usage. if it comes out logical then its well rest it has to be short and easy to remember,

I would not use hyphens just to get the little extra SEO boost. I'd rather focus on the domain being easy to remember, pronouce and write. I learned from my mistakes. :)

Yes using hyphen is not a good idea.
It not only reduces the domain value but also its SEO capability.
You can understand this if you use the Domain Appraisal Tool at sedo.com , u'll find that you get negative points if your doimain has hyphens.

After all googlestuff.com and google-stuff.com are not same ...

You may get some cool domains if u search properly. if u r having problem in searching use this very nice <<advertising removes>>

Just enter the domains say 10 at a time.. and u'll get a quick info.

Its like this, you have 2 options

1. Branded domain names
2. Keyword rich domain names

Both has their own pros and cons, so if your not planing to build an online brand, then you can always go for a keyword rich domain and its good for SEO as well

cheers

Problem is, if you're not planning to build a brand, then you ARE planning to fail.

A business will soon be forgotten, dismissed, and bankrupt unless they build some brand recognition.

The entire purpose of launching a site for your company/products is to build that brand online, and help users find you online. So if you put up a site, and online branding is not your plan, then you might as well save the money it takes to develop a site, register a domain, and purchase hosting, and aim it at traditional markets.

I surely can't imagine a newspaper ad that just reads "Free Buy Help"...someone was sippin too much scotch on that one.

With that said, I can say that the better way of using this would be to direct the keyword rich domain to your company's BRANDED site. At least then you're getting some brand recognition out of seo spamming the search engines, and the search engines will then at least know who's behind it. :)

Dev4vip, that's a very good point about branding. i didn't think of that when writing my article, and will certainly update my article to cover it.

ANMMark, i wouldn't go that far. of all my useful and non-useful websites, the one i get best feedback on has no styles whatsoever. not even a <head> tag :shh:

Birmingham said:
ANMMark, i wouldn't go that far. of all my useful and non-useful websites, the one i get best feedback on has no styles whatsoever. not even a <head> tag
Sounds a lot like a personal website.