Do you use Fantastico?

LT Smash

As a client, do you use Fantastico's plethora of scripts on your website? I usually use Wordpress for a main page and PHPBB for a forum. What do you use if any?

Fantastico is great asset to have. It makes installing many scripts very easy if you don't know how to do it on your own. Many host provide it to help their clients. Personally I have used it a few times, but not always.

Fantastico scripts are quite widely used, the common being wordpress, joomla, etc, the only point to be noted while using the same would be that you should constantly keep upgrading the software as and when the new version is available, and keep a regular check on the fantastico forums to be notified of any known backdoors, and patches available for the softwares.

I have used it a few times before it's comes in pretty handy. But like you I mostly use wordpress. The list bobchrist put up was pretty handy and I didn't know fantastico had ALL those features. It is fanatastic!

I always make sure to get fantastico because of Wordpress but I didn't know how much more there was involved. I truly need to get out of my rut and play around with more of this stuff - even if it's a just for fun site so I can learn more of the scripts.

I remember a couple of years ago when Invision Boards were a part of Fantastico, and I really miss that. I prefer Invision to PHPBB.

And it looks like Wordpress is the most popular script with Fantastico.

Yes, personally use Fantastico on a number of sites that I manage. Like yourself, Wordpress, phpBB and Joomla are ones that I've used here. Also run the ZenCart and osCommerce for installations too.

I've actually installed EVERY script (for testing purposes), but the above are the most popular for sure.

I have used Fantastico in the past and it can be useful. However, I usually upload the necessary files manually so that I have everything just the way I want it. I like to keep up with all my files. :p

I will mess around with it sometimes but mostly for personal use I am only using the wordpress, or I will add/remove to test things out just to see how they work. I am not too found of coppermine for photos, but gallery is tolerable.

We constantly see issues with Gallery and our customers not updating the software and getting exploited. Coppermine seems better (more secure) but not as loved.

Fantasico is good, but they don't really have much updates.

And alternative is Installatron, they seem to be constantly updating the software and the support is great.

We offer fantastico on our shared servers. Honestly not sure how often it is used nowadays, but it is still very convenient to have.

Even when I have a cpanel-based site I use fantastico. Of course I know how to install all of the scripts manually, but its much easier to have something else do it automatically.

I like fantastico a lot for personnel and for my clients. I want to try installatron and see the difference in the two. I still need to test all the applications on fantastico. I think I am going to do that tonight and mess around with it more.

Yup, fantastico is great for that time when you want to get a script setup really quick and you're like oh... one click installation. It's something maybe you don't use every day, however it's something that when you do use it, you're like wow... that was easy.

Installatron is other option for fantastico, the problem with fantastico is it cannt be integrated with other panels than Cpanel ( in my view never know that others tried) but installatron is an effective alternate which can be used in plesk and DA and others.

Fantastico is ok for Cpanel servers and it installs majority of the requirements, but in billing, suppoort ticketing, it offers less options in my view