Do you use google adwords for your hosting ?

kothar64

More than anything google is always the best, not only as a search engine but also for its other services like adwords and adsense.
I know that we have to put some money for adwords,
But I have never used adwords to promote my hosting !
Is their anyone who use adwords, If so please share your experiences with us.

Something I would try in the future if I got a voucher to try it out. But its very expensive if you want to gain hits off of it.

But I personally think, its really worth spending for it. I know Many sites which lack good content had come up excellently with the help of this google adwords. The main hurdle to all of us on using this adwords is Money. We provide good content, but we are unable to get more visitors. Image domination and animation domination has grown well in today's world. In Future we shouldn't hesitate to use adwords.

Adwords can be cheap. But hosting is very competitive.

If you search for "hosting" with the google keyword suggestion, you will get at least 50 keywords, such as "cpanel hosting", "website hosting", "webhosting" etc... that have their level of competitivness between adwors user to the maximum.

Other ads network will cost less and will drive some traffic to your site.

Sometimes I think Google tries to dominate the Internet in a way where their products become average.

So instead of focusing on fewer projects and develop them further they add more through acquisitions to prevent stiff competition.

So instead of focusing on fewer projects and develop them further they add more through acquisitions to prevent stiff competition.
Given their position, that's the way to go. They need things that work for most people. It's the role of the smaller providers to experiment and fill in the various niches.

adwords is costly. i wonder will other compeititive blantingly keep clicking on your adwords to expense away the credit you have inside.

Adwords is a joke when it comes to Web hosting related keywords, coz there are like people who sell web hosting for peanuts with TB of space and bandwidth for as low as $1 lolz so in a such situation its no point to compete with those sites while spending as much as $5 for a single click to appear on 1st page, you rather do it the hard way coz its well worth the effort

coz there are like people who sell web hosting for peanuts with TB of space and bandwidth for as low as $1 lolz so in a such situation its no point to compete with those sites while spending as much as $5 for a single click to appear on 1st page
Fair point. That however is true if you want lots of traffic and sales quickly. There are keyword niches to be tapped, where the customer is less likely to compare based on the numbers, but based on certain features, expertise, support.

well, for competitive industry like hosting, adwords or pay per click is rather expensive but, so a niche is good way of fighting in this industry and just don't go for the general keywords, like "web hosting", they are no used. so many companies got these keywords optimized on search engine and with 1 million or 100+ hundred thousands of back links!!!

If I was to run an adwords campaign for hosting I would need to be far more creative in what keywords I use. Going for just "web hosting" could cost me a fortune. It would require a lot of thinking out of the box to come up with something cost effective with nice returns. Still possible though :)

If you don't have money to put it on the first page, or even 2nd, then don't try at all, it's a waste of money and generate 0 leads.

:)

This is not true at all. We have used Adwords in the past and had a good return on them. We do not spend a fortune on them either. I tend to run them in cycles through out the year and I usually run a max of $50/m.

Its all about keyword selection and even throwing a FEW larger bids for better keywords. Just figure out a price you can afford and set that as a monthly limit.

This is not true at all. We have used Adwords in the past and had a good return on them. We do not spend a fortune on them either. I tend to run them in cycles through out the year and I usually run a max of $50/m.

Its all about keyword selection and even throwing a FEW larger bids for better keywords. Just figure out a price you can afford and set that as a monthly limit.

This then brings up the question of: How good are your prices? How good is your site?

Getting hits can be easy, it's getting leads form those hits that count. From experiencing and asking around it seems hit and miss depending on how monetized the site is. With how competitive hosting is and the ROI on one sign-up it really can be hit or miss. One month for a non-hosting site I was getting $40/m in $90/m out until I put more google ads + affiliates on the site.

The problems with using adsense for hosting sites are the hits are not always well targeted and can end up on sites that have nothing to do with hosting. You have a better chance of getting a signup from someone who was recommended to you or saw a forum ad.

I agree, keywords are prime. There are many keyword trend sites to get better keywords with.

Would you please share your experiences with us?

You need to be creative when coming up with keywords for adwords. It is quite crowded on google and terms such as "web hosting" are very expensive.