Does anyone build sites to

Fellow

Does anyone build sites just to turn around and sell them for a profit? I am doing more research on this as if I ever get the coding techniques down I hope to do that. I wonder what type of site niche is selling well and how much do most go for. I was thinking of doing blogs and estores but that seems to be covered for the most part.

Without traffic a site is little more than a template.

If you are talking about developing an active site with good traffic and membership then you may have a viable business.

I would think that would take a lot of time and knowledge if you plan on doing this on your own.

Unless you outsource the content generation, I would think you would have to be pretty active on your site and knowledgeable about the site's focus in order to generate lots of traffic.

I do know one of my daughter's friends does this. She just sold a site for $10K - a children's theme. I suppose if you found the right niche, it could work.

I would plan to outsource some of it obviously I couldn't do it all on my own. I know an estore wouldn't be feasible then because I would not have the product to sell as I would only be generating the basics I guess. Thanks for the feedback guys.

This is a niche that is becoming a popular to do.

Many have success, many others do not.

Make sure to do your research before picking a niche.

You can check out flippa.com to see what sites have recently sold for.

Neat. I haven't ever heard of that Flippa site I guess. Some of those sites are going for some really outrageous prices too. I guess there is a good deal of money to be made if you know what you are doing then.

Wow. That's a great idea. I think that's fantastic. I wouldn't have ever thought of doing that sort of work, but I like the idea a lot. Thanks, Fellow. I'm going to think about looking into this more!

There seem to be so many doing this already that it would be very wise to check into the niches available first. You want to make sure you are not choosing something that is already drenched in options to begin with. :)