Does Website Builder Attracts more customer?

CivicAvenue

It seems like it should attract more customer, but often time either the customers already own the skills to host a website. And therefore, if they see the website builder they start thinking that this webhost is for the beginners. Some of the task is limited too if the website builder are to be used. What you guys think?

Unfortunately, with a little misunderstanding during the server move, HostingDiscussion.com lost a few posts. This thread, however, lost all of the replies.

CivicAvenue said:
if they see the website builder they start thinking that this webhost is for the beginners.
I wouldn't agree. I see 1&1 advertising their shared hosting, freedomain and website builder in eWeek magazine every week. A magazine is read by CIO/IT/E professionals, often with million-dollar budgets for company technical setup. I doubt they will ever use the primitive powers of a web site builder for corporate needs, but they still advertise it.

Best,

We have been offering a very good site builder for about 2 years now. Only about 1% of our clients choose to utilize it.

Offering a Website Builder in a hosting package does attract a considerable amount of customers even though the customers may already have the skills to host a website.

We have been offering a website builder since we opened, and I think it might have been the selling point for MAYBE 1 client. Most people looking for paid hosting already know what their doing in design, or they use some type of CMS, Blog, or Forum or something else.
Little extras like that are nice to have, but I don't think they are the deciding factor very often. If you do decide to offer a site builder, you can try out http://rvsitebuilder.com . Thats the one we use. We got it when it first started, on a promo price, and we only pay $9 every 3 months!

Offering website builder package doesn't indicate that the webhost is for beginners. I believe webhost that offers website builder package also has other high-end hosting packages as well. In fact, website builder can attract quite a number of clients.