Domain Reseller "best & fairly Affordable"

Dark

Well guys what are your experiences with domain resellers, i thought i might find an affordable one for a friend.

So far i've looked at Godaddy and they seem pretty good.

Also how do they work, and how cheap would we be able to register domains.
thanks
--
Dark

Your registrar should provide you with a control panel where you can monitor what domain names are registered under your account.

Pricing can depend on which registrar you choose and how many domains you register.

thanks man those guys look good, just one more thing i have to be able to pay via netbank. I've contacted those guys to see if they accept that payment method.

btw, thanks for your help.

it will probably come back as you but dunno, since you registered the domains under your companies name not directi.

Also about the payment method, i dont think they accept netbank but they said they accept Direct Deposit.

Directi is good, from what i seen does any one know if when you run a whois search does it come back to you or Directi?
DirecitI registers domains in the name of the person or company who registered it.

Dark said:
Well guys what are your experiences with domain resellers, i thought i might find an affordable one for a friend.

So far i've looked at Godaddy and they seem pretty good.

thanks
--
Dark

We use, and recommend, eNom.com for reselling domains. The whole company is designed around domain name resellers... as opposed to godaddy, who will send your customers direct emails advertising their hosting services!

I mean, really.. if you want your customers to get email from godaddy that is in direct competition with you... then godaddy is a good choice. :disagree:

Personally, if you're just starting out and don't need to register a lot of domains then I think the registry rocket system from enom is probably a good choice for you. It's 100% free, and includes everything you'll need to give your customers the ability to buy/manage domains from you.

:)

enom

Enom is great, I like them way more than GoDaddy

the reselling can be a bit of pain when you get into the API's and whatnot
You can use their script as the above posts implies, but with that you pretty much need to use their processing and prices become not so good to resell..

If you are selling domains with your hosting, modernbill has a good enom plugin that allows you to use your reseller account and your own merchant account or paypal whatever.... thats a pretty simple and easiest way to get started if you would ask me.

you can get a $8.95 reseller account anywhere for free for enom.
you have to pay in $100 minimum increments into your account

you can find cheaper enom accounts such as $6.95 on ebay for a few hundred bucks, if you have lots of domains, might not be a bad investment.

Mod Note: Advertising is permited only in the marketplace section. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
bugmaster said:
..you have to pay in $100 minimum increments into your account

No, you are not correct.

You do not have to pay in $100 minimum increments. This is only true IF you decide to fill up your account balance by using paypal or a credit card.

Most our our resellers mail a check, use wire transfer, or money order.. and there is NO minimum required for those methods.

:)

<removed>

as you mentioned, any existing reseller can create an enom account.

Things to look for when selecting your "parent" reseller include the usual stuff:

1) Level of service and support. Be sure to email a few questions to your prospective "parent" reseller and see what kind of support they give. eNom requires you to contact THEM first for any issues, so it's worth picking a parent who is quick.

2) Integrity. The parent reseller has ability to raise your prices. It's best to make sure you pick someone who is not going to do this if their own business is suffering.

Good luck!

Enom is a domain registrar that provide good domain reselling services. You can contact them to open an ETP account which requires a large funding or u can have a sub-reseller account for free from other ETPs which requires only $100 to fund and buying domains.

MOD NOTE: 3.4 Participants may not post or otherwise transmit promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, except in those forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted. Thank you for your understanding. We rely on your future cooperation.