Downtime

Fellow

Is it just the forums that I usually visit or does it seem that there are a lot more hosting companies having issues with downtime? It seems mainly stand alone forums that I visit. I assume those are the ones who use the most basic shared hosting plans. Any thoughts on it?

Is it just the forums that I usually visit or does it seem that there are a lot more hosting companies having issues with downtime? It seems mainly stand alone forums that I visit. I assume those are the ones who use the most basic shared hosting plans. Any thoughts on it?

which thread are you referring to ..Downtime depends on the company you look for..if you pay penny you will get nuts.

Downtime varies from company to company - there is typically no correlation between one company's uptime and anothers'

Well, this is your own decision ! And my suggestion before you thought about to host you should check that site uptime status. Many sites on internet Free provide you this service. :D

I haven't seen more than the ordinary threads addressing downtimes on the 30+ forums I visit daily. Could be I'm just not paying attention. :D

You know there are many web hosting providers out there in the web hosting services market, but not all of them are reliable ones.

You know there are many web hosting providers out there in the web hosting services market, but not all of them are reliable ones.
Of course not - it's like any other industry - there's always a mix of good and bad. What's unique about web hosting are forums like this where we can openly discuss, evaluate and compare services. :D

Eventually down time is inevitable no mater who you are or who your host is. From hardware failures, complete data center outages to natural disasters, no one is completely immune to it. It how the down time is handled that sets others apart from the rest. Some have specific plans in place to deal with it while others just wing it.

Some down time is created by the hosts them selves, over loading servers, keeping bad clients, not securing their servers or cheaping out on hardware or network connections.

Alot of these hosts that have frequent downtime are focusing more on growth then customer loyalty. Customer loyalty only comes with providing good service. A happy customer will gladly pay 3 or 4 times as much for a service if they get what is promised.

Just my two cents.

I think you are correct,
with shared hosting you really can't rely on it like with VPS or dedicated.