ebay host

Well..
After reading around eBay for something, I decided to do a search on web hosting.
Couldn't believe what I saw..hosts offering everything for nothing.
This really makes me unhappy, and a bit angry, of what some hosts are doing to the industry.
On the internet it is a lot easier to sell what you don’t have, but the hosts I saw on eBay are just making a joke of the people buying from them.

I was seeing things like unlimited space and bandwidth for $2 a month..it is just plain stupid and irresponsible for any “business” to try run a company, I was going to say on that business plan, but I doubt very much that they have one at all.

There is no way a company offering that kind of plan can provide any level of support or good service for a prolonged period of time.

Maybe some of the people buying from them will realise that not every company in the industry is the same, but it is just like most industries, you get what you pay for. I know a lot of people on eBay wouldn’t have any clue about hosting so this is why they would just be going for the most they can get at the lowest price.

What do you think about companies doing this? If you are a host, how does it make you feel? If you own a site, what do you think about hosts offering plans like this?

Dont worry to much about the overnight hosts they come and go just like that. I understand and it is fustraighing but customers get turned off by badhosts however they do have to find someway to get their site online.

Hello Adam and welcome to HostingRefuge :)

I have to agree with you Stephen, I have seen these hosts and it really doesn't help anyone...apart from the hosts that do a runner with their customer's money.

It isn't just small companies or new companies that offer those kind of plans on eBay, I have seen a few larger doing the same.
They offer what is on their site for a lot less through eBay.

It isn't even worth the time for a real host to think about posting offers on eBay, there is no way you can compete with the others there.

I have tried to post on ebay once (as a promotion with so much off or something) but to no avail its not that affective for getting people either that or My packages suck ;-)

BTW thanks for the welcome :)

Yeah them companies should be shut down for good, they will only last a month, maybe? Really just hurting all the smaller companies because people are going to think.. hey since this company folded, this one must too.. and maybe will only use the real big webhosts, DellHost, stuff like that.. maybe I'm wrong, but it is NOT helping us any!

Yes, no one is helping the problem. Don't worry, the people in the industy, such as ourselves pride ourselves in giving great serivce. Don't worry about the eBay sellers, they just make it difficult.