End of the Amazon free ride: Amazon is stopping payout to paid search traffics

monsterjerry

After careful review of how we are investing our advertising resources, we have made the decision to no longer pay referral fees to Associates who send users to www.amazon.com, www.amazon.ca, or www.endless.com through keyword bidding and other paid search on Google, Yahoo, MSN, and other search engines. As of May 1, 2009, these paid search Associates will not be paid referral fees.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/promo/paidsearch

The web giant is finally stopping permanently payout for those who send traffics directly from search advertising. I guess they just lost too much money to their own affiliates out competing themselves.

I haven't seen many mistakes done by Amazon and have complete trust in that company, which is the direct result of their heavy investment in that part of their business - consumer confidence and trust.

Jeff Bezos is quietly reinventing the publishing industry with the Kindle device (and its great strategy) that's been selling out. Its the iPod/iTunes of the reading world! I wish we had the offering in Canada market as well.

I remember the beginning of Amazon being very debt burdened. They've certainly executed on their business plan to produce a mega-enterprise.