Equinix

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
I've just recently learned about this datacenter, which is a choice of many global corporations like Google, Yahoo, IBM, AOL and more.

http://www.equinix.com

Does anyone know more about it or do you have a formed opinion on it?

Best,

Holy crap, I'm suprised that you just heard of Equinix. I actually believe I mentioned them to you when we talked about Connecting Host.

Equinix is an awesome data center. They're very secure and expensive as well. We actually looked at choosing Equinix before we settled with our current DC. However, the cost was wayy to much.

If a customer is interstered in high security with the highest security possible then we'll put them in Equinix if that's what they want.

Equinix is rock solid. I've recently moved to a provider that works out of one of their datacenters. The experiance, while young, has been a great one thus far.

Please keep in mind that the quality of service provided by your provider has nothing to do with Equinix. Equinix provides the space and not the support.

Thanks.

the dc has some affect such as the quality of their bandwidth and maintaince of the network. Which I think one of the most important factors to consider when looking at the datacenters that providers are using.

A great example are the folks from hostdime. Great tech support, but their datacenter suffers quite a bit from it's location and it's higher risk from natural disasters which could lead to power outages.

Actually, you are incorrect again.... On both points about HostDime and on Equinix. Equinix has NOTHING to do with the quality of the network at all. They do NOTHING but provide the Power, Space, and a powerhouse to connect to all providers. They have NOTHING to do with the network.

HostDime doesn't suffer from anything because of it being in Florida or could it lead to power outages. That's the reason why they have Backup Generators. etc. Please keep in that SagoNet didn't even go down but once because, something fell on the generator during the hurricane. It didn't damage the place at all.

My point is proven...

You can argue with me on this until the sun doesn't shine.. You'll never win.. I have spoken to many Equinix reps. I know people who have equipment in Equinix. Infact, Newport Technologies even was going to purchase cage space there... Notice: Cage Space NOT Bandwidth..

I have been using equinix for a while now and so far they have been great! I have had other great experiences with companies such as Layered Tech and some bad ones with companies such as ServerMatrix but equinix has been doing a great job, fast servers, great prices, and always there if anything might go wrong. They have a lot of security in their facility and it is located right here in Chicago. They are great!

Honestly, I love how many people think that Equinix has to do with the speed of the sites. Equinix has nothing to do with the prices, the fast servers, and once again it only has to do with the power, space, and the security.

Ugh... When are people going to learn?

People are going to learn when people think Power, Space, and Security is more important that Uptime, Speed, and Prices.....

Which probobly isn't going to happen any time soon... :-D

But those factors are important! Very!